We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to our customers to keep prices low so that they can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with our customers, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we are leading the creation of a category while seeing unprecedented revenue growth - more than tripling year over year. We have acquired more than 3000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018. As we look into 2020 we are excited about the expansion of our product line to offer more products making room for people in the open office.
What’s the role?
You will comprehensively oversee the responsibilities for our North American logistics and fulfilment operation including the performance, cost and continuous improvement of the program. With scope beginning at the factory floor and ending with the successful delivery and assembly at our customer’s offices, you will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of a world class program. You will be accountable for setting and meeting service levels, inventory location optimization and cost metrics. With year over year delivery volume growth of 130% successful leadership in this role, can lead to advancement opportunities within the company. Do you have the business acumen and problem-solving skills necessary to thrive in a start-up environment? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you may be a great fit for ROOMs North American Logistics Manager. As we ramp up production and delivery, a seamless fulfillment experience is top priority. The North American Logistics Manager will be responsible for executing order fulfillment and managing the flow of product and information to ensure a customer experience that delights.
What you’ll do:
- Manage end to end logistics activities across North America from factory floor to the customer’s office. This will include FTL, LTL, IMDL, white glove delivery and assembly.
- Own the measurement and performance of KPIs in NA and drive toward goals (cost reduction, NPS, on-time delivery %, reducing transit time, and more).
- Determine and maintain inventory days of supply across four warehouses.
- Proactively identify and drive operational improvement initiatives across the Mid-Mile and Final Mile network.
- Maintain all shipment records and track inventory to ensure transportation data and metrics are accurate and transparent.
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Experience and Sales teams to provide visibility into order status and delivery lead times.
- Address operational issues in real time striving for resolutions that minimize cost and transit time.
- Manage daily communication and relationships with service providers including carrier performance management.
- Large parcel spare parts and reverse logistics.
Who you are:
- You are a top performer and fast learner with 5+ years of experience in order fulfillment and logistics execution.
- Prior experience extracting and analyzing business critical metrics and driving operational improvement of KPIs in delivery logistics.
- Prior experience managing carrier & warehouse relationships, and coordinating various modes of shipping (FTL, LTL, FM, Assembly)
- A customer-centric approach to problem-solving.
- Prior experience with office furniture or other large bulky items.
- Proficient in Excel and Google Suite
- Experience with an ERP such as NetSuite
- Extremely organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills enabling you to build positive partnerships with internal and external groups to optimize performance.
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance plans to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- 401K: Savings program that helps you plan and invest in your future for the long-term.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.