We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to our customers to keep prices low so that they can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with our customers, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we are leading the creation of a category while seeing unprecedented revenue growth - more than tripling year over year. We have acquired more than 3000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018. As we look into 2020 we are excited about the expansion of our product line to offer more products making room for people in the open office.
What’s the role?
Due to tremendous growth of the company, we are searching for a hard-working and driven leader to join our Customer Success Operations group as Manager, Order Management. We are looking for a hands-on and independent leader to manage a growing team and all aspects of the order management function with emphasis on continuous improvement in operating results and in strengthening existing processes. In this position you will work with multiple functions such as Sales, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc. to meet customer needs in both the US and Europe with a focus on business process improvement and customer success. This person will be responsible for handling the day-to-day processing of orders and will also act as a primary point of escalation in support of customer inquiries. As scaling and automation are a top focus in 2020, this person should be able to demonstrate the ability to drive process & systems enhancements (NetSuite & Salesforce) and by being process improvement and data driven.
What you’ll do:
- The OM Manager has responsibility for managing customer order activity through the order fulfillment cycle. Ownership from order entry through to order delivery.
- The individual will be the primary OM Manager liaison with other departments to advocate and own delivering on customer requests for delivery and support priorities.
- Provide excellent customer service through phone, e-mail, chat, etc. in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that communication and service levels reflect our brand and company values.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance and Customer Experience teams to provide visibility into order status.
- The OM Manager will also serve as the primary escalation point to ensure that issues are efficiently resolved and that our external and internal customers are satisfied with the quality and timeliness of responses.
- This individual must develop a deep understanding of how all ROOM departments function, with solid competence in the areas of Order Management, Supply Chain and Transportation/Logistics
- Develop and maintain in-depth product knowledge ensuring that all customer inquiries into product feature and functionality can be adequately responded to.
- This person will be an active participant in cross-functional projects that are intended to scale the business and streamline the order management workflow. Responsible for improving upon order cycle time, delivery and several SLA related KPI”s.
- Effectively responds to customer inquiries by effective ticket management, researching status for shipments, and ensuring that business metrics support SLA’s and company goals.
- The OM Manager will demonstrate expertise in problem solving leveraging application tools including NetSuite ERP, Salesforce and business intelligence.
- Maintain weekly reports on customer inquiries, responses and feedback to develop customer service analytics and trends.
- Act as subject matter expert on all aspects of order entry – PO requirements, revenue, shipping, approvals, contracts, etc
- Proactively create and update customer-facing resources and order-related communication — payment terms, FAQ, order-related email language, macros, etc.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in leading an Order Management team preferably with some experience in a B2B hardware technology, high growth start-up company.
- Well-organized; able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities while working autonomously.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and requires independent analysis and decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP (NetSuite preferred), Salesforce.com, Google Suite and use and development of business intelligence (Looker/Tableau) tools.
- Strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making although should be able to make reasoned decisions when presented with imperfect data
- Thrives in a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Management, Supply Chain, or Finance
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance plans to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pretax dollars
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.