We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 3000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $40M+ sales run rate and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
We are looking for a team member to completely own end-to-end product safety and compliance for our complete range of products. As ROOM continues to create innovative products that redefine the category, this role will require expertise in existing regulations and certifications and the ability to work with internal team and external organizations to clearly interpret and adapt existing regulatory requirements to support these new product categories.
What you’ll do:
- Research and identify relevant and necessary fire, safety, and environmental codes and regulations for new products
- Partner with Quality, Product Design, Engineering, and Supply Chain to ensure new products design for safety and compliance from the earliest concept stages
- Develop qualification/certification plans and drive certification process with 3rd party testing labs
- Partner with regulatory agencies to assist in the development, scoping, and implementation of regulatory language related to new products/categories as needed
- Support the customer experience team to support customer needs about compliance when integrating our products/solutions.\
Who you are:
- B.S. in Engineering, Building Construction, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience working in product safety or code compliance for commercial applications
- Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes and regulations from IBC, NFPA, LEED, UL, BIFMA, etc.
- Experience driving products through certification or experience owning compliance verification of commercial interior construction.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and independently in a Design and Manufacturing environment
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.