We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 1000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $40M+ sales run rate within our full first year of business in 2019, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month.We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer that can help us develop high-quality products optimized for manufacturability and cost while developing and enabling our key partners to have industry-leading manufacturing capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Product Design, Quality Engineering, and our manufacturing partners to assess product features for manufacturing. Provide DFM feedback and suggestions to enable cost efficient and repeatable designs.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to identify and audit new suppliers, assess their capacity, capability, quality, and cost
- Own Engineering Change Order and Manufacturing Documentation process including engineering drawings, SOP, and fixture designs.
- Identify, design and implement value engineering projects to optimize existing designs for cost
- Provide Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering support to contract manufacturing partners during development builds and production ramp.
- Resolve manufacturing, field failure issues, and quality issues. Identify, initiate, and drive process improvements that reduce process cycle times and cost, while maintaining quality.
- Stay flexible and do the next most important task that must be done even when it is new, unfamiliar and outside the scope of your daily work.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Masters degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in new product development and manufacturing operations
- Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with different manufacturing processes, including CNC cutting, laminating, wood fabrication, pressing, and injection molding
- Experience bringing a new product all the way from concept to mass production
- Proven experience creating strong technical relationships with contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Willingness to travel to meet with suppliers
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.