We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 2,500 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $40M+ sales run rate and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.About the role:
You love helping new, innovative products get introduced to the market, and you have a passion for building strong relationships with suppliers. You have prior experience working with contract manufacturers and sub-component suppliers. You have been instrumental in bringing products from concept all the way through volume production. You have a technical mindset and view sourcing as a key differentiator for improving the product. You are able to work with product, engineering, quality, and business functions to lead the supply chain strategy. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Help drive ROOM’s overall supply chain strategy. Create strategic supplier relationships and negotiate our critical supply contracts.
- Find the best suppliers worldwide based on analysis of technical capabilities, commercial suitability and cost.
- Own procurement for NPI development build components and tooling.
- Manage key overall supplier and contract manufacturer relationships and lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in cost, quality, and delivery.
- Identify and negotiate commercial cost reduction opportunities
- Stay flexible and do the next most important task that must be done even when it is new, unfamiliar and outside the scope of your daily work.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Operations, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Masters degree or MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in supply chain and operations
- Super project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with different manufacturing processes, including CNC cutting, laminating, pressing, and injection molding
- Experience bringing a new product all the way from concept to mass production
- Experience managing contract manufacturers and negotiating commercial agreements
- Willingness to travel to meet with suppliers
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance plans to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.