We’re a fast-paced start-up looking to disrupt the existing industry by producing products and services that rethink tomorrow’s workspace. We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace and create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, flexible, modular solutions that grow with our customers, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over +2500 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as J.P.Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a €40M+ sales run rate within our first 18 months of business, and continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018, and Fast Company awarded us its Innovation by Design award in 2019.
In December 2019, we built the first two legal entities outside of North America: London and Berlin. We will continue to expand our businesses across Europe with Amsterdam and Paris as our next business hubs.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated, creative marketer and communicator to support the growth of ROOM throughout Europe as Marketing Manager. This is the ideal role for someone who has experience introducing a fast-growth US start-up to European audiences, and working effectively across international borders to drive demand, strengthen brand awareness and align teams.
This is a multi-disciplinary role, giving broad exposure across all areas of marketing and access to all regional teams. The Marketing Manager sits within the Brand Marketing department and will work directly with marketing leadership to drive the marketing strategy and calendar for ROOM throughout Europe, ensuring communications and initiatives across all channels, both online and offline, are consistent with the brand and driving core business goals. This role will be the primary conduit between European sales and global brand marketing and is well-suited to a creative and analytical thinker with the organizational ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
The role reports directly to CEO Europe and will be based in Berlin.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with ROOM’s global marketing team to drive the overall marketing plan for Europe, identifying the channels, activities and programs which will support the achievement of brand and revenue goals.
- Directly engage with European leadership and global marketing teams (Product Marketing/Demand Marketing/PR/Event/Content/Customer) to help drive demand creation, build pipeline, support new customer acquisition and retain existing customers.
- Manage and execute on key field marketing activity throughout Europe.
- Identify sales training needs and collaboratively with marketing ensure access to, and availability of, regional support through sales tools, training and market expertise.
- Build and maintain ongoing communications with regional European sales execs and global marketing peers.
- Partner with Marketing Project Manager to ensure campaigns and related assets are in sync and on track with outlined deadlines, and lead the production of regional campaign assets from concept through implementation and final production.
- Partner with Brand Communications & Public Relations teams on events and activations, including but not limited to: vendor source and management, coordinating assets, on-site logistics, and partner/client management.
- Serve as key European contact for Community & Engagement leadership to ensure a steady flow of organic social content that uniquely shares the ROOM story in key European markets.
- Effectively present and represent the ROOM brand directly to potential customers and at industry events.
Who you are:
- BA degree or higher in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or related fields.
- 3 -5 years of experience in marketing, B2B or tech.
- Brand management or communications.
- Language skills: Fluent in German and English. Bonus points for French, Dutch and/or Danish.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with a creative mindset. You have a strong attention to detail, are well organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement, proven ability to learn quickly on the job and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong relationship builder with ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down and across the organization).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing external agencies.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude. Willing to put in the time necessary for success and ensure deliverables are met.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You think creatively, and you are happy to get your hands dirty to get a job done.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.