We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 2,500 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $40M+ sales run rate within our full first year of business in 2019, and we continue to grow our revenue by more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM is looking for Director, Strategic Partnerships to spearhead our growth in European markets such as London, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Paris. In a strong partnership with senior management, you will be responsible for setting our growth goals in Europe within strategic sales channels as international co-working environments, the hospitality sector, and the real estate industry. You will own our most important account relationships locally and work with them to understand how customer needs and preferences in Europe differ from the rest of the world. This is a unique opportunity for the ambitious sales professional who takes pride in consistently breaking the quotas as an individual contributor but understands the importance of contributing to global company culture.
This role will report directly into the CEO of Europe and we offer an opportunity to work either from our office in London or Berlin.
What you’ll do:
- In partnership with our CEO of Europe, you will determine the market potential deliver on creating the expected results and traction.
- Manage customer sales lifecycle- including discovery calls, showroom visits, pilot test units
- Ensure an amazing customer experience in accordance with ROOM’s values
- Lead end-to-end sales in the region creating strategic partnerships within the entire portfolio of ROOMs product line.
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders globally (e.g., Revenue, Brand and Performance Marketing and Product) in order to successfully grow the ROOM business globally.
- The role can be based in either London or Berlin with a high level of travel to Europe and the US
Who you are:
- 7+ years of sales experience, with 3+ years of strategic account management
- An entrepreneurial spirit- you love smashing ambitious growth goals and know how to hustle to get there
- You have executive presence and can conduct in-person meetings with senior client contacts
- You have experience negotiating large deals and navigating procurement
- Quantitative and analytical with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Creative problem solver comfortable making decisions and taking action
- Committed to building and running efficient processes
- Able to work in ambiguous environments and not let perfect get in the way of great results
- Skilled at building relationships, empathizing with others, and achieving cross-functional alignment
- A big bonus if you are coming from the real estate industry with a clear understanding of flexible office providers, co-working environments and general real estate development.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.