We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over +2500 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $40M+ sales run rate within our full first year of business in 2019, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
In December 2019 we built the first two legal entities outside of North America: London and Berlin. Based on those two countries we are going to expand our businesses across Europe with Amsterdam and Paris as next hubs.
About the role:
At ROOM, we take an innovative, customer-centric approach to sales growth that combines the best from consumer marketing and enterprise sales. To date, ROOM sales have been driven by inbound, bottom up adoption and account expansion. We are looking for Enterprise Account Executives with strong outbound qualities for the Berlin Hub in Germany to provide a unified vision of the end-to-end customer funnel and to help customers realize the full potential of our products. A person with conceptional skills and a passion for operational excellence. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, data-driven manager with a deep background in business, client and sales management and broad exposure across acquisition marketing, product marketing, and business development. A knowledge and network in commercial, B2B, B2C and enterprise management both on international and national level is an advantage.
We are looking for an Enterprise Account Executive with experience in building up businesses with corporate clients from scratch, managing the growth path and helping the company to scale the various business lines. This person is expected to lead by example, build an inspirational culture, coach, mentor, and deliver aggressive predictable growth. This role will report to the General Manager in Berlin.
What you’ll do:
- Manage sales with top enterprise clients in Germany and German speaking markets.
- Be a strong senior manager in a sales team across Europe.
- Manage up talents by ensuring that people management is a real privilege and responsibility.
- Use your skills in terms of organization, entrepreneurial acting, interpersonal, management and negotiating skills.
- Drive accountability and ownership for revenue efficiency, international growth, and predictable results.
- Assume overall sales and marketing leadership and vision based on a top level product and market knowledge.
- Execute clear and actionable priorities, always with a framework of data-driven resource allocation.
- Develop and refine sales process, incentives, training and onboarding, quotas, performance reviews, sales strategies, forecasting metrics, methodologies and systems.
- Sustain a personal sales performance and team culture driven by performance across all market segments and focused around a consistent sales process and common vocabulary ingrained across the entire company.
- Constructively manage territory opportunities, avoid channel conflicts and ensure that the entire team is simultaneously incentivized and appropriately collaborative.
- Drive a sales strategy that looks holistically across the customer journey, covering all channels and customer segments, from acquisition to retention and advocacy.
- Translate insights from customer research and proprietary data into sales messaging and work with marketing leaders to produce differentiated content that improves awareness and engagement with our products and features.
- Submit performance data into Salesforce.com tools and develop a lead and deal pipeline 6+ months.
- Drive growth of commercial, enterprise and key accounts and ensure long-term customers are net promoters.
- Motivate, mentor, and provide leadership to team of young and mature talents in a start-up company environment.
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of experience as an executive sales manager in a venture-backed or IT or premium brand environment with fast-paced team growth.
- Thorough and nuanced understanding of sales team management, and you are experienced managing tight coordination by being knowledgeable in marketing, product roadmap, and operations.
- Data-driven and always focused on delivering highly measurable impact.
- Experienced user of Salesforce in all facets of date input and reporting.
- Successfully developed customer sales campaign strategies, and executed and scaled campaigns, with a proven track record of hitting objectives (e.g., win new customers, increase brand awareness, competitive takedown, etc.)
- Understand and practice value-based selling and are exceptionable at selling to the business decision maker, whether or not there is a budget. You seize opportunities.
- Navigate multiple types of relationships using strong social skills, and will do what it takes to bring your peers, team, colleagues, and brand to the next level.
- Intellectually honest to solve problems from first principles by structuring organizational design and go-to-market to the task at hand vs. relying on a rigid playbook.
- Analytical, detail oriented and practice a process-driven approach to sales. You are constantly testing and challenging sales strategy.
How we make room for you:
- Working alongside and coaching from the General Manager in Berlin and the CEO of Europe.
- Digital work processes with a high degree of flexibility and mobility
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Team events: Regularly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, sales professionals and marketers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.