We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 2500 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $30M+ sales run rate since we launched, and we continue to grow our revenue by more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM is creating a new category and is building an inbound sales team that combines the best parts of a direct-to-consumer, eCommerce buying experience with the productivity of a traditional B2B sales organization. As we scale rapidly, with 20% month-over-month growth, we’re looking for a dynamic and experienced sales manager to lead our inbound sales team.
This sales manager will oversee our Online Sales Associates, maximizing revenue from our inbound demand generation efforts. They will have a revenue impact of around $1 million per month and will start managing and growing a team. Our online sales revenue so far has had no clear owner thus far, this opportunity is a great for someone looking to make an immediate impact. We have shifted these leads from direct sales to customer experience and they are everyone’s last priority currently, the right candidate in this role will have an amazing time building a new team and will see significant areas for opportunity immediately.
We need an ambitious sales professional who can focus on the business impact of building a new team while providing the leadership and guidance for individual mentoring. Our sales team represents our company culture of collaboration, hard work, and passion for the problems we are solving for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Help us build out an entirely new vertical at ROOM
- Create the framework for us to understand what drives this revenue (i.e. new vs reorder, old leads vs new leads) and where there is opportunity to increase it
- Manage a team of junior sales associates
- Provide one-on-one guidance as well as to conduct weekly team meetings, etc.
- Help create a culture that celebrates achieving milestones and is committed to meeting and exceeding monthly goals
- Provide forecasts and work with the sales director to revise demand plans as needed
- Focus on improving conversion rates amongst the team while providing an amazing customer experience
- Interview, hire and train new sales team members
Who you are:
- You have 5-7 years of sales experience with at least 1-2 as a sales manager
- You’re highly experienced with the tools needed to work a heavy volume of accounts and leads
- You have experience closing new business opportunities
- You are innately curious and excited about building a new category in the modern workplace
- You lead by example and with compassion. Managing by activity isn’t a requirement but it should be clear what is expected of your team
- Your cross-functional partners love working with you and you are able to communicate effectively across various lines of business
- You preferably have experience with inbound lead workflow and the sales development role
- You preferably are familiar with Salesforce as well as the functionality of other sales enablement tools, such as MixMax, Troops, etc.
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance plans to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Equity: Company stock to honor your hard work and dedication.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.