We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over +2000 customers, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $10M+ sales run rate within our first year of business, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM is looking for a General Manager to spearhead our launch and expansion in the UK. Reporting to the Head of Europe, you will be responsible for helping to set our growth goals in the UK and then delivering on them. You will own our most important account relationships locally and work with them to understand how customer needs and preferences in the UK differ from the rest of the world. You will also be responsible for building out a UK sales and customer support function, hiring and managing a world class team to grow our presence.
What you’ll do:
- Create sales territories and quotas for our sales development, new business, and account management teams
- Manage customer sales lifecycle- including discovery calls, showroom visits, pilot test units
- Ensure an amazing customer experience in accordance with ROOM’s values
- Hire and build a high-performing team to serve the needs of our expansion in the UK and Europe.
- Lead end-to-end operations in the region, from customer support and logistics to sales and marketing.
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g., People Ops, Engineering, Finance, and Operations) in order to successfully grow the ROOM business globally.
- Role is based in London/Shoreditch with occasional travel to our other hubs in Europe and the US
Who you are:
- 7+ years of sales experience, with 3+ years of management experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit- you love smashing ambitious growth goals and know how to hustle to get there
- A track record of hiring and developing high-performing teams.
- You have executive presence and can conduct in-person meetings with senior client contacts
- You have experience negotiating large deals and navigating procurement
- Quantitative and analytical with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Creative problem solver comfortable making decisions and taking action
- Committed to building and running efficient processes
- Able to work in ambiguous environments and not let perfect get in the way of great
- Skilled at building relationships, empathizing with others, and achieving cross-functional alignment
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.