We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over +2000 customers, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $10M+ sales run rate within our first year of business, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM is looking for a Sales Strategy & Operations Manager to build out our sales operations function. In this role, you will partner with our Sales and Operations teams to orchestrate and accelerate growth. As the first hire dedicated to sales operations, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our approach to identifying and evaluating opportunities, maximizing sales effectiveness, and forecasting with precision.
What you’ll do:
- Create sales territories and quotas for our sales development, new business, and account management teams
- Establish methodology for evaluating and routing leads to maximize ROI
- Enable sales reps to sell better by mapping the sales cycle and developing buyer personas
- Build reliable sales forecasts by soliciting input from Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations teams
- Build our account management strategy
- Analyze and report on sales data, with a focus on extracting key insights and bringing truth to light
- Work with Sales and Operations teams to tackle challenges related to business goals
- Build data-driven sales processes and earn buy-in from the Sales organization
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in sales operations, strategy and operations, management consulting, or similar
- Quantitative and analytical with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Creative problem solver comfortable making decisions and taking action
- Committed to building and running efficient processes
- Able to work in ambiguous environments and not let perfect get in the way of great
- Relentless at prioritization
- Skilled at building relationships, empathizing with others, and achieving cross-functional alignment
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance plans to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.