We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over +2000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $20M+ sales run rate within our first year of business, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM's sales model is focused on bringing the B2C purchase experience to the B2B segment. We prioritize the customer experience and are looking for a salesperson to support the online buying experience. This role will be speaking with customers predominantly at companies with less than 100 employees who need a quick solution for their existing office. The ideal candidate is someone who loves speaking with customers and is excellent at multitasking in a high volume environment. This individual will also answer the phone line, handle inbound chat messages from customers and work collaboratively with our enterprise and channel sales teams.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to customer inquiries and questions regarding our products
- Provide a sales lift for customers who are evaluating our product versus competitors
- Answer incoming phone calls, emails and chat messages.
- Interact through various other channels with customers- email, live chat, in person showrooms
- Support a variety of sales initiatives
Who you are:
- 1-2 years experience in a customer-facing setting
- Team player who loves working with others and is excited about closing business
- Able to work in ambiguous environments and not let perfect get in the way of great
- Curious and passionate about the future workspace of tomorrow.
- Someone who can be flexible and embrace the uncertainty of a start-up.
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance plans to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Equity: Company stock to honor your hard work and dedication.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team bonding: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.