We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 1000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $10M+ sales run rate within our first year of business, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM is looking for an Architecture & Design Consultant to join our Channel Sales Team. This individual will help us grow and manage our strategic relationships within the design community in our target markets (NY and CA). Despite our fast growth and customer successes, we are determined to continue building our brand recognition and educating the design community on who we are and what sets us apart. The A&D Consultant will be directly responsible for developing, leading and managing our strategy for engaging with the design community in order to grow awareness, engagement and sales.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and develop relationships with target list of A&D firms within ROOM’s key markets of NYC and SFO
- Utilize your experience in workplace design to co-develop initiatives and events that focus on relevant research and trends.
- Uncover new business opportunities through key A&D accounts
- Lead in-person trainings with target firms to build awareness and differentiate ROOM
- Track sales from A&D-generated opportunities using Salesforce
- Position ROOM with target firms to become the basis of design for RFPs
- Represent ROOM at design-focused associations and events (e.g. ASID, IIDA)
- Host designers at ROOM’s NYC showroom for Phone Booth demos
- Collaborate with our Account Executives and Enterprise Account Executives on opportunities involving an A&D firm
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have 1-3 years of Interior Design, Architecture or Commercial Interiors Experience
- Continuous learner that enjoys staying up-to-date on workplace research and trends
- Comfortable with leading presentations for small to medium size groups
- Strong creative sensibility and empathy for the design community and our end users
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills
- Highly collaborative and comfortable juggling multiple stakeholders
- Proficient with Powerpoint/Google Slides and Salesforce
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Equity: Company stock to honor your hard work and dedication.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team bonding: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.