We’re a fast-paced start-up looking to disrupt the existing industry by producing products and services that rethink tomorrow’s workspace. ROOM creates thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office, which takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We’ve rethought and refined every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with our customers, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 2000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google and Salesforce. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley. TIME named our flagship product – the soundproof office phone booth, one of its Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
ROOM is looking for a self-starting Public Relations Manager to join our rapidly-growing Brand & Marketing team. You’ll work directly with the Head of Brand and Communications on all content and messaging to further expand the brand’s profile in a way that drives the business forward. You will be responsible for supporting the PR function by driving awareness and credibility of ROOM in the media, helping to position our leaders as industry experts, all the while positioning ROOM as an innovative start-up redefining the future of work. This is a crucial role in translating the company’s mission into a cohesive and compelling messaging strategy as our brand’s audience continues to expand.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Brand & Communications, with a home-base in our office in Soho.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Head of Brand & Communications to activate against ROOM’s communications strategy, working closely with our internal team and any external agencies to translate brand initiatives into a thoughtful media relations strategy
- Ideate and pitch stories and content that communicate the company’s vision to our audience
- Further position ROOM as the leading voice in conversations surrounding the future of the workspace by securing an ongoing cadence of media coverage, branded partnership content, speaking engagements, and other communication tactics
- Develop a framework for vetting inbound media and partnership opportunities for the brand
- Partner with the Social Media Strategist to leverage ROOM’s social presence to more broadly distribute any earned media impressions
- On occasion, partner with the Head of Brand to train and prepare company C-suite spokespeople for public speaking engagements, media interviews, and other opportunities, as well as manage materials that support this work
- Closely collaborate with members of ROOM’s Growth team to ensure each media campaign is thoroughly and creatively promoted to internal stakeholders and external communities
- Assist on special projects and new partnerships as they arise
Who you are:
- BA degree or higher in Public Relations, Journalism, or related fields
- 5 years’ experience managing media relations for a top agency, start-up or consumer brand
- Deep-rooted relationships with key journalists and outlets in the tech, digital and business sectors
- Proven track record of successfully raising brand awareness through creative media relations campaigns
- Ability to work proactively in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Collaborative team player who’s ambitious and results oriented individual
- A creative thinker who comes to the table with ideas and can bring them to life
- Have your finger on the pulse of what’s trending or going on in relevant industries
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.