We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
As a Financial Analyst, you will play a critical role in supporting our Accounting and FP&A functions, and influence strategic decisions to help scale Roofr’s blooming business. This is a perfect role for a finance generalist to get their foot in the door and have a hand in all things finance and accounting.
What You’ll Do:
Full-Cycle Accounting: 70%
- Support our Accounting Manager in the day-to-day accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue recognition, expenses, and various state/provincial/federal taxation
- Prepare online payroll and review expense reports
- Work on the month-end close process for our Canada and US subsidiaries, including booking journal entries, reviewing credit card transactions, and preparing various account reconciliations
- Assist with preparing timely and accurate monthly consolidated financial statements in compliance with GAAP
- Assist with our financial year-end close procedures for our subsidiaries, including preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns
- Assist with research and establishing company-wide accounting policies and procedures
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as required
Financial Planning & Analysis: 30%
- Support our Director of Finance - FP&A by performing quantitative analysis of operational and financial data to help guide strategic decision making
- Prepare KPI and metrics reporting and dashboards the ensure business efficiency, decision making, and growth
- Peer review of detailed forecasts, budgets and scenario analysis
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as required
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline that can effectively fulfill position responsibilities
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- CPA designation is an asset, not a requirement, but a huge plus!
Who you are:
- You have strong communication, interpersonal, team building and organizational skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels
- You are proactive and a self-starter
- You have the flexibility to work under time constraints and deadlines
- You sweat the details
- You thrive in fast-paced environments
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years (not counted towards your PTO)
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee and up to 3 dependents
- Remote first with support for autonomous work
- We host 2 killer retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement & allowances
- We continuously celebrate and encourage transparency, individuality and uniqueness
- Servant leadership approach
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.