Romeo Power (NYSE: RMO) is on a mission to power the world’s transition to electrification. This is part of our bold vision to create a world where energy poverty no longer exists. As an energy technology leader delivering advanced electrification solutions for complex commercial vehicle applications, we seek to attract the most curious minds to help us drive real change and create a more sustainable future.
As a company, we’re continually innovating to challenge what’s possible. We believe in transparency and teamwork. With a long-term mindset, we take solution-driven approaches. We thrive on solving the hardest problems and we celebrate our successes as a team. We’re diverse, inclusive and share a passion for making access to clean energy universal as we drive towards a democratically energized world.
Founded in 2016, Romeo Power is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Our suite of advanced hardware, combined with our innovative battery management system, delivers the safety, performance, reliability and configurability our customers need to succeed. Romeo Power’s 113,000 square-foot manufacturing facility brings its flexible design and development process inhouse to pack the most energy dense battery systems on the market.
The incumbent of this position will,
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and drive development, implementation, and enforce appropriate best practices for Quality Management Systems understanding the needs of the business
- Needs to possess excellent communication skills to liaise with everyone across the organization to successfully achieve the objectives
- Will use data driven objective analytical skills to influence and negotiate with peers and executives to develop and improve performance of the business processes
- Proactively provide guidance, recommendations, and trainings to all employees on how best to address Quality though processes and best practices
- Be flexible and nimble to adapt to dynamic startup work culture and environment
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively work with cross-functional team to develop processes and procedures compliant to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 standard
- Achieve successful certifications of IATF 16949
- Plan, schedule, and conduct regular internal quality systems audit across all departments
- Conduct training for all employees to create QMS awareness and maintain compliance to standards
- Develop, and monitor all process KPIs to track process effectiveness and present findings & recommendations in the management review
- Continuously monitor and update QMS process FMEA to address any potential risks by developing appropriate mitigation plans
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects with process owners to proactively address the gaps identified through FMEA and audits
- Responsible for successfully leading customer and 3rd party audits
- Lead Corrective Action effort for gaps identified from audit finding (or) systems failure by providing robust long-term resolution
- Actively track and manage internal equipment calibration to ensure compliance to procedure
- BS in engineering or similar technical discipline
- 4+ years of work experience in Quality/Manufacturing Engineering in an automotive/aerospace environment
- Thorough understanding of IATF 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and IMDS requirements or equivalent
- Demonstrated Problem Solving skills (8D, A3, or similar)
- 2+ years of automotive experience with IATF 16949 compliance
- ASQ CQE/CQA Certification
- Certified ISO9001/IATF16949 Auditor and/or Lead Auditor
- Lean Six-Sigma Certification
Romeo Power is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.