At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients' lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world's leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company
Roivant's drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
As a core member of the IT Support Engineering organization, you are part of the backbone of your team and organization. Your responsibility will be to support and enable our people in their work, and to facilitate and assist the more junior members of your team in doing the same. You will participate in defining and tuning our organizational processes and techniques. Our goal as a team is to provide highly effective technical service and support to every corner of the company, allowing them to focus on the business of developing next-generation healthcare technologies. We believe support should be approached in a consultative manner, always asking “What problem are you trying to solve?” to find the best solution for any given request.
Our challenges range from the mundane to the complex – from basic desktop technical support to complicated long-term projects, you’ll tackle it all. You will also be on the lookout for potential improvements to our processes, techniques, and services. As a core member of the team, you will play a pivotal role not only in executing our strategy and priorities, but you’ll participate in developing and informing them. More information is publicly available here: https://handbook.roivant.io/it/career-framework/support-engineering/IC3-support-engineer/
About Roivant IT and Support Engineering
Support Engineering at Roivant is the primary colleague-facing team inside Roivant IT. While also encompassing standard support functions, Support Engineering’s goal is to use technology to empower, enable and streamline Roivant’s business. We use automation wherever possible to offload work to the machines, so we can save the difficult and interesting problems for the humans.
Example work this role may participate in
- Day-to-day use and management of core collaboration systems like M365 and Google for Work.
- Working with your team to triage, route, answer and solve support tickets.
- Analyzation of support ticket data to identify opportunities for experience or efficiency improvements though building self-service services.
- Design and implement improved processes for gathering CSAT data, which could include purchasing or developing applications in support of this goal.
- Work on a team to determine ways to identify and automate or orchestrate repetitive work.
Qualifications for success in this role
- Solid general computing expertise – end user computing, Wintels, Macs, SaaS, cloud technologies and virtualization, among many others.
- The desire and ability to demonstrate empathy, kindness and curiosity even in stressful or difficult support scenarios, both inside and outside of one's team.
- Experience in supporting people in a heterogeneous end-user computing environment with multiple operating systems and end-user platforms.
- Experience with supporting one or more cloud-based collaboration suites, such as Microsoft M365 or Google for Work.
- Familiarity managing Windows and Mac endpoints. Linux experience is nice to have.
- Ability and willingness to thoroughly document work and projects, large and small.
- Familiarity with on-prem (e.g., Active Directory) and SaaS (e.g., Okta, AzureAD/M365, Google) directory and authentication systems.
- Comfort and ability in communicating with colleagues of all seniority and experience levels – from novice to master, from intern to CxO.
- Familiarity with MDM systems such as JAMF, InTune, Kace, Kandji etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with deployment or imaging technologies such as ABM/DEP or Windows Autopilot
- Familiarity with one or more Agile or Lean methodologies is a big plus.
- Willingness and ability to participate in direct Support activities such as ticket triage and handling from receipt to resolution.
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.