ROI·DNA is looking for a Digital Media Buyer to drive meaningful growth for our customers through direct-response digital media campaigns across channels with a heavy focus on content syndication, publisher direct buys, and other types of guaranteed lead/impression programs. A successful candidate should be a direct response marketing expert, highly analytical, committed to making data-driven decisions, and have experience balancing scale and profitability targets. You love diving into the media buying weeds - managing, testing, creating, and optimizing all things media. You’re a skilled negotiator who is able to build long-term relationships with our partners while always prioritizing the best interests of our clients.
At ROI·DNA we place a high value on a very positive workplace where people encourage and educate each other and lend a hand when necessary. Lots of companies talk about this, but ROI·DNA is the real deal.
- Identify, RFP, and negotiate with appropriate media partners for various campaigns based on the goals and objectives of that campaign. May include but isn’t limited to impression-based or lead-based buys such as eblasts, newsletter sponsorships, and content syndication programs.
- End-to-end coordination and management of approved buys including creation of IOs, negotiating terms, trafficking and coordination of creative/deliverables, and ongoing reporting and optimization of the partner mix
- Collaborate with ROI·DNA partners such as Convertr and Integrate to facilitate lead delivery and qualification
- Develop ongoing testing roadmaps for your channels to continually improve performance
- Provide clear recommendations and requests to the clients when needed - such as for new assets or landing pages
- Create ROI-positive lead generation campaigns through digital channels, particularly on content syndication, e-blasts, newsletters, and other types of sponsorship and guaranteed lead programs
- Track and manage the delivery of programs, working with our partners to ensure delivery is in accordance with the IO terms and negotiating make-goods where necessary
- Communicate your key initiatives and optimizations and ongoing performance to both ROI·DNA’s internal media team and directly to the client, working closely with both the Media Planner and Strategist
- Maintain vendor database as the primary strategy point of contact for all vendors (includes master contact list, meeting coordination, etc.)
- Ongoing investigation & research of new media opportunities
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- 2-4 years of media buying/planning experience
- Agency experience is required for this role
- Client-facing experience and digital marketing experience are a must
- Must have hands-on experience planning and buying content syndication and direct publisher programs
- B2B experience, and particularly ABM experience is required
- Prior experience working with various content syndication and publishers focused on B2B market in securities, fintech, health and other tech vertical publishers for North American, English speaking Latin countries; EMEA and APJ a huge plus
- Prior experience planning and buying multifaceted programs (such as those which include an event sponsorship plus display banners plus promoted social posts) with publishers such as Forbes, Fortune, NY Times, Washington Post, WSJ, Harvard Business Review, DarkReading, and similar publications is strongly preferred
- Experience with B2B technology partners is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience buying traditional forms of media such as television, radio, print, and out-of-home is preferred
- Hands-on experience with Convertr and/or Integrate is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Campaign Manager for trafficking and reporting is strongly preferred
- Technically adept with a pulse on trends and innovations within the digital space
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, ability to find opportunities and insights from large amounts of unstructured data
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work with multiple departments to accomplish goals
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing channels and concepts
- Superb time and project management skills
- Excellent communication – both written and verbal
- Adept at critical thinking to strengthen media initiatives for quality vs. entering a routine process for quantity
ROI·DNA delivers tailored services for B2B and B2C businesses. With dedicated teams in creative, development, and digital marketing, we’ve grown the revenues and brands of over 100 happy clients – including Capital One, Google, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Norton and Malwarebytes.
We’re not just experts, we’re people. And we value people. And people things, like building relationships, having fun, and treating others with respect. We cultivate our humanity because we care to make a lasting mark, not a quick buck.