Rogue Games, Inc is seeking a Head of Business Operations to join the company. This role will report to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and will work with all functional teams to achieve the company's revenue goals via the efficient execution and implementation of Rogue’s vision and strategy.
Through our family of games, we're building a different kind of company. We’re seeking individuals who are passionate about creating games and experiences that inspire new audiences to discover our games. The right person can effectively be both strategic and execution-oriented and is analytical and creative. They are good at building consensus and influencing others through strong strategy in their functional area, but are not afraid to dive into the details. They should have a passion for gaming and bringing games to a broad and diverse audience.
If you process information fast, are a strategic thinker with a strong interest in helping to develop the next generation of gaming publishing services, then come and join our company!
To be successful in the position, you will have a startup background, and prior experience owning a P&L in a games company or gaming division in an entertainment company. You will be business-savvy, possess operations execution-like experiences in a rapidly growing business. You will have exceptional communication skills, over-communicate our business priorities and setbacks, be fiscally responsible, and innovative.
This individual will be an integral member of Rogue and spearhead the effort to establish organizational standards and best practices around business operations to ensure revenue objectives are met.
The role is based out of Rogue’s Tarzana, California office.
Business Operations Revenue Responsibilities (75% of Time)
- Design, implement and manage Rogue’s operations to drive growth and meet budget, strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Proactively meet with the CEO, CSO, Studio, BD, Marketing and Finance directors to understand how their functional teams contribute to current decisions and processes related to the publishing slate
- Conduct a gap analysis by title comparing actual to expected performance utilizing Finance provided ‘greenlights’
- Synthesize the topmost impactful issues by title category (i.e. existing, future, repurposed/extended life)
- Synthesize and collate information from internal stakeholders to create an action plan detailing key feedback, modifications, improvements or new processes
- Meet with relevant teams to manage communication, build consensus on priorities, and drive support for recommendations
- Maintain regular ‘check-ins’ by title to ensure pre and post launch operational policies, processes and procedures are performing to schedule
- Perform post-mortem review and key learnings, and apply by title category
- Promote Rogue values as collaborative and fun by actively demonstrating what it looks like in daily interactions
Business Operations Profiling Responsibilities (25% of Time)
- Pursue direct relationships with new and existing industry contacts to support slate planning decisions
- Attend conferences to identify new opportunities or special initiatives to query and guide business operations
- Establish and cultivate business relationships with partners in game development studios and publishing organizations to compare how others approach
- BA/BS degree required. MBA and/or JD preferred
- 10+ years of experience in games publishing and production, business development or operational roles
- Tenacious with the audacity to go after great results, and drive projects to completion
- Uncompromising with respect to integrity, insisting on highest level of quality
- Strong leader as well as team player excelling at building effective high quality internal and external relationships by employing excellent interpersonal leadership
- Proactive and high energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Comfortable and effective in organizing, prioritizing and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to consistently work in the assigned office location, and travel, as required
- Highly professional with a strong work ethic
Who We Are
Rogue Games, founded by industry veterans with more than 150+ years of games publishing experience, is a new kind of game company powered by innovative technology and developer-first solutions. Rogue’s extensive portfolio of games, which spans mobile, console and PC, features award-winning hit titles including Vainglory, Oz: Broken Kingdom™, Sociable Soccer™, Wild Life: Puzzle Story, Hexaflip: The Action Puzzler, Super Impossible Road and many more. Rogue is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in San Mateo and Seattle. For more information, visit www.rogueco.com.
Rogue Games is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations, we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Rogue Games does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games.