Rogue Games is leading the charge in making games publishing matter in the video games industry.
Rogue Games is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join the company. As part of the business development team, this person will act as a bridge between external developers and internal operations, influence game developers to bring their best games to our company, develops go-to-market strategies, and/or enables our company to deliver against ambitious business goals.
If you are a “can-do” and collaborative person with a passion for creative problem-solving, the ability to not only identify great games but to also build strong relationships with small independent companies and large global companies like Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Steam, Nintendo, etc. then this role is a great fit for you.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be a key player in ensuring best practices while bringing games to market including strategic accounts communications, ASO guidance, and go-to-market project management. The role will require communication across all functional teams and requires an individual who is proactive, not afraid to advocate for their beliefs, and is comfortable navigating through complex environments.
This role will report to the Business Development Director and will work closely with other officers and directors to achieve the company's goals. To be successful in the role, you will have prior accounts management and project management experience. You will be business-savvy, possess broad gaming experience, have exceptional communication skills, have a strong focus on revenue, be fiscally responsible, and innovative.
The role will be based out of corporate offices in Los Angeles.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Build relationships with strategic accounts (Apple, Google, Amazon, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc.), game developers, and publishers from mobile, PC and console gaming space.
- Develop robust processes around product and feature releases
- Lead ASO & SEO efforts for Rogue’s entire portfolio from strategic planning through execution and reporting.
- Project Management of day to day needs for subscription releases (e.g. Apple Arcade, Google Stadia, Google Play Pass, etc.)
- Provide reports/communications around release plans to ensure internal and external stakeholders are engaged and expectations are effectively established and managed
- Have the ability to manage critical situations across teams to ensure the overall success of the programs/project portfolio
- Build and maintain a playbook of best practices from first-party partners not limited to technical requirements, financial and investor relations recaps, OS update highlights, etc.
- Assist in managing releases through all phases of the release lifecycle to ensure the release will achieve the stated objectives and are thoroughly vetted for any negative impacts to Production
- Travel, as necessary, to both US and international locations, as a representative of Rogue Games.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills combined with laser attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills to deliver meaningful insights to business partners and Executives.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines and prioritizing workload independently, comfortable influencing cross-functional teams
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with a high level of initiative, energy, ownership, and urgency, with a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels
- Team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on the highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently work in the assigned office location and travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do the tactical work.
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Financially literate, with an understanding of gaming revenue recognition.
- Interest in emerging technologies.
- Experience in strategic partnership structures, contract negotiation, and deal-closing.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the technical components of video game development.
- Experience in measuring, promoting and maintaining customer engagement.
Who We Are
Rogue Games is a new kind of gaming company. Founded in 2017, Rogue Games Inc. is headquartered in Calabasas, CA with offices in San Francisco. Rogue’s diverse portfolio features several award-winning titles including Glitch Dash, Chaos Battle League, Oz: Broken Kingdom, BeSwitched! Match 3, Super Impossible Road, Hexaflip and many more, all available worldwide on various platforms including the App Store and Google Play.
Rogue Games is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Rogue Games does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games.