Rogue Games, Inc. is leading the charge in making games publishing matter in the video games industry.
Through our family of games, we're building a different kind of company. The company is seeking individuals who are passionate about building games and experiences that inspire new gaming audiences to discover our games. The right person can effectively be both strategic and execution-oriented and is analytical and creative. They are good at building consensus and influencing others through strong strategy in their functional area, but are not afraid to dive into the details. They should have a passion for gaming and bringing games to a broad and diverse audience.
If you process information fast, are a strategic thinker with a strong interest in helping to develop the next generation of gaming publishing services, then come and join our company!
This role will report to the CEO and will work closely with other officers and directors to achieve the company's goals and to help them understand business performance and drive effective decision making. We are looking for someone who has experience in both public and private accounting and who can comfortably work collaboratively in teams and independently. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who has a thirst to develop new processes while improving existing ones.
As a senior accounting manager at Rogue Games, you are someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and will have hands-on experience in building a first-class accounting function. To be successful in this role, you must have a strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting processes, controls, and systems.
To be successful in the role, you will have prior in-house or venture-funded accounting experience in a rapidly growing business. You will be business-savvy, possess accounting principles and procedures experience in a rapidly growing business, have exceptional communication skills, have a strong focus on accounting best practices, be fiscally responsible, and innovative.
- Month-end activities: Assist in monthly close process and ensure compliance with the monthly close calendar. Prepare month-end journal entries (e.g. accruals, allocations) for all entities, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules in a thoughtful, easy to understand manner.
- Consolidation: Account for all transactions including eliminations and foreign currency revaluation. Prepare journal entries and eliminations.
- Technical accounting: Analyze and research technical accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached.
- Financial statements and analysis: Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual balance sheet and income statement analytics. Assist in the preparation of U.S. GAAP financial statements.
- Compliance: Assist with external financial audits and other due diligence requests.
- Policies and procedures: Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going financial activities.
- Financial audits: Assist with financial audits and due diligence, as requested.
- Internal controls: Support the accounting team's commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's internal controls.
- Special projects: Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes (e.g. Software as a Service, Xero, Expensify, Rippling, etc.).
- Manage our day-to-day accounting software (QuickBooks Online) with the ability to move the company to a more robust solution as we continue to scale the business.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance degree required, MBA preferred.
- 6 or more years of progressive accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in public accounting. Big 4 experience preferred.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- Process-oriented: Experience establishing and optimizing reporting processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required
- Project management: Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with limited supervision.
- Systems: SaaS system experience a plus. Advanced knowledge of Excel & QuickBooks Online required.
- Teamwork: Teamwork is essential to the company, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and manages collaboratively and effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience influencing multiple stakeholders and leading cross-functional projects
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with a high level of initiative, energy, ownership, and urgency, with a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels
- Team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on the highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently work in the assigned office location and travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do the tactical work.
- MBA, other relevant advanced degree or CPA
- Must have a passion for mobile, PC and Console gaming! (High Score not required)
- Background in the gaming, internet or high growth technology industry
- Experience in building out a SaaS platform
Who We Are
Rogue Games is a leading games publisher utilizing technology, tools, relationships, and knowledge to scale games to maximum performance. Rogue supports all digital platforms including mobile, console and PC games across all business models (freemium, premium, subscription, and streaming). Founded in 2017, Rogue Games Inc. is headquartered in Calabasas, CA with offices in San Francisco and Seattle.
Rogue Games is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Rogue Games does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games.