Rogue Games, Inc. is leading the charge in making games publishing matter in the video games industry.
Through our family of games, we're building a different kind of company. The company is seeking individuals who are passionate about building games and experiences that inspire new gaming audiences to discover our games. The right person can effectively be both strategic and execution-oriented and is analytical and creative. They are good at building consensus and influencing others through strong strategy in their functional area, but are not afraid to dive into the details. They should have a passion for gaming and bringing games to a broad and diverse audience.
If you process information fast, are a strategic thinker with a strong interest in helping to develop the next generation of gaming publishing services, then come and join our company! (High Score not required)
Rogue Games is seeking a Social Media and Community Manager (Part Time / Contractor) to join the company. The Social Media Community Manager will be responsible for advocating our brands within our existing and newly published games. They will be responsible to create a social persona for each game and actively engage the online community. They will connect with our gamers and boost engagement across our games.
If you are a “can-do” and collaborative person with a passion for creative problem-solving, and energized with bolstering a fantastic community for our users to thrive in, then this role will be a great fit for you. Some of the things you will do as a Community Manager are:
- Have conversations with our brand advocates and folks in our communities
- Build visibility and credibility by attending online gaming chats and moderating our own chat channel
- Strategize ways to scale our communities and connect with gamers
- Analyze efforts driving the most traffic
- Create relationships with people on different teams at the office (and drinking lots of coffee)
The Community Manager will act as a bridge between our gamers, game developers and the publisher. The Community Manager will influence internal operations to improve the effectiveness of each game. S/He will be proactive, not afraid to advocate for our gamers, and is comfortable navigating through complex start up environments.
This role will report into the Marketing function and collaborate with Live Operations, Game Design, HR, Studios and Production. To be successful in the role, you will have prior in-house or startup experience. You will be business-savvy, possess broad gaming experience, have exceptional communication skills, have a strong focus on revenue, be fiscally responsible, and innovative.
The Community Manager will get in the trenches with existing gamers and engage with new gamers on regular basis. In this role you will encourage personal connections between our games and our followers.
The role may be based out of corporate offices in Los Angeles or San Mateo.
Community Manager Responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Strategy Officer in building a community management strategy and executing it operationally with the goal to improve player advocacy and retention
- Be the voice of our player’s and the key community partner to Rogue
- Be flexible and able to recommend and execute ad-hoc community actions based on short-term business needs
- Provide meaningful feedback and reporting to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns and suggestions
- Own processes that deliver effective communications about, and timely delivery of, community initiatives
- Partner with our production teams to produce engaging community content
- Identify, evaluate, and report performance KPIs with a strong understanding of which measurements align with business goals
- BA/BS degree required
- Must have a passion for mobile, PC and Console gaming!
- 5+ years’ experience in building and executing community strategies
- Record of success in building and managing gaming communities
- Entrepreneurial self-starter attitude
- You use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to drive decisions
- You have a growth mindset and have experience developing growth mindset teams
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Interest in emerging technologies
Who We Are
Rogue Games, Inc. is a new kind of gaming company. Founded in 2017, Rogue Games, Inc. is headquartered in Calabasas, CA with offices in San Francisco. Rogue’s diverse portfolio features several award-winning titles including Glitch Dash, Chaos Battle League, Oz: Broken Kingdom, BeSwitched! Match 3, Super Impossible Road, Hexaflip and many more, all available worldwide on various platforms including the App Store and Google Play
Rogue Games, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Rogue Games, Inc. does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games, Inc. will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games, Inc.