Rogue Games, Inc. is leading the charge in making games publishing matter in the video games industry.
Through our family of games, we're building a different kind of company. The company is seeking individuals who are passionate about building games and experiences that inspire new gaming audiences to discover our games. The right person can effectively be both strategic and execution-oriented and is analytical and creative. They are good at building consensus and influencing others through strong strategy in their functional area, but are not afraid to dive into the details. They should have a passion for gaming and bringing games to a broad and diverse audience.
If you process information fast, are a strategic thinker with a strong interest in helping to develop the next generation of gaming publishing services, then come and join our company! (High Score not required)
This role will report to the CEO and will work closely with other officers and directors to achieve the company's goals and to help them understand business performance and drive effective decision making. This position will play a key role in bringing together insights from various teams to ensure the leadership team has a clear understanding of user monetization and engagement across the company.
To be successful in the role, you will have prior in-house or venture funded financial planning and analysis manager experience in a rapidly growing business. You will be business-savvy, possess financial planning and analysis manager experience in a rapidly growing business. , have exceptional communication skills, have a strong focus on revenue, be fiscally responsible, and innovative.
- Provide decision-support to leaders operating against their monthly, quarterly and annual objectives by driving reporting and analysis of business results to identify trends or deviations and introduce strategies for improvement
- Demonstrated experience developing the financial structure and key metrics integrating this structure into budgets and forecasts
- Own end to end key financial rhythms (monthly close, forecasts, budgets) for the portfolio of products (revenue and margin)
- Provide root cause/ business driver analysis and strategic thinking to help drive business decisions to grow sales, drive margin improvement and manage inventory
- Ability to identify negative trends early and work aggressive with other stakeholders to solve problems
- Communicate and provide leadership on the state of the business for our products to key partners including business development, finance, accounting, and HR teams
- Work with stakeholders to create new business driver models focused on revenue for our game products
- Be up to date on ever-changing gaming trends and be able to effectively deduce and communicate the financial impacts of these changes to business partners and our leadership
- Ensure investment and resource allocations are aligned with Rogue Games’ strategic priorities as well as develop detailed financial operating models to accurately predict business performance
- Build detailed financial, scenario-based models to evaluate investment priorities and evaluate potential alternatives.
- Prepare materials for Board of Director meetings, Investor meetings, and internal Executive meetings
- Lead process improvements to support our growth and drive efficiencies that help us scale as an FP&A team
- Perform detailed ad-hoc projects and financial analysis to support senior management and business decisions
- Work with other team members to evaluate new business opportunities in a structured, time sensitive manner
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- 6 or more years' experience in financial analysis, financial forecasting or budgeting, and /or controllership, ideally in the software or consulting technology industry
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions to move the business forward (owner mentality)
- Strong communication skills; Ability to effectively present complex financial issues to non-finance business leaders
- Analyze and forecast leading KPIs to determine health and long-term profitability of the business
- Expert in Excel, PowerPivot, Power BI; PowerPoint, Google Docs, and/or OLAP Databases
- Experience influencing multiple stakeholders and leading cross-functional projects across geographies and/or games
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with a high level of initiative, energy, ownership, and urgency, with a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels
- Team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on the highest level of quality
- Ability to consistently work in the assigned office location and travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do the tactical work
- MBA, other relevant advanced degree or CFA
- Must have a passion for mobile, PC and Console gaming! (High Score not required)
- Background in the gaming, internet or high growth technology industry
- Experience managing a global business and forecasting revenue, sales finance, or COGs
- Relevant experience in investment banking or consulting
- Experience in building out an FP&A platform like Adaptive Planning, NetSuite, etc.
- Experience with SQL/comfort working with large data sets and creating data visualizations
Who We Are
Rogue Games, Inc. is a new kind of gaming company. Founded in 2017, Rogue Games, Inc. is headquartered in Calabasas, CA with offices in San Francisco. Rogue’s diverse portfolio features several award-winning titles including Glitch Dash, Chaos Battle League, Oz: Broken Kingdom, BeSwitched! Match 3, Super Impossible Road, Hexaflip and many more, all available worldwide on various platforms including the App Store and Google Play
Rogue Games, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Rogue Games, Inc. does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games, Inc. will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games, Inc.