Rogue Games, Inc. is leading the charge in making games publishing matter in the video games industry.
Through our family of games, we're building a different kind of company. The company is seeking individuals who are passionate about building games and experiences that inspire new gaming audiences to discover our games. The right person can effectively be both strategic and execution-oriented and is analytical and creative. They are good at building consensus and influencing others through strong strategy in their functional area, but are not afraid to dive into the details. They should have a passion for gaming and bringing games to a broad and diverse audience.
If you process information fast, are a strategic thinker with a strong interest in helping to develop the next generation of gaming publishing services, then come and join our company! (High Score not required)
This role will initially report to the CEO. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to achieve the company's goals and to help the team understand business performance and monetization (and… influence game designs to drive revenue). You will be an analytical and business-savvy number-cruncher who can independently run multiple advertising campaigns as well as oversee creative development and program execution. This role is well suited for those who are analytically strong and want to make a direct impact on the growth of the business.
This position will lead the development, planning and execution of user acquisition marketing strategies for Rogue’s games and leveraging budgets to drive profitable (ROAS) growth in each game. You will be on point, over time, to build a team of performance marketers that you’ll lead and mentor. You will own acquisition performance while leading strategic, high-volume experimentation on all key current and potential user acquisition channels. This role works cross-functionally with Studios, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, and Data Science. Most importantly, you will ensure the leadership team has a clear understanding of user acquisition / monetization and engagement across all of our games.
To be successful in the role, you will have strong prior user acquisition experience in games. You will be business-savvy, possess user acquisition experiences, have exceptional communication skills, have a strong focus on revenue, be fiscally responsible, and innovative.
- Develop strategic, sustained user acquisition campaigns, driving continued high-quality players to Rogue’s games, optimized for return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Drive relentless culture of experimentation (and transparency) on all key existing User Acquisition (UA) channels (e.g. Facebook, Google, ad networks, ad exchanges) while also ideating and establishing new user acquisition funnels for Rogue’s portfolio of games
- Have deep understanding of ad attribution and tracking with mobile measurement partners (i.e.TUNE, Adjust, AppsFlyer, Kochava)
- Be open to trying various types of creative ad units to drive own CPIs and increase ROAS (playables, video, static, influencers, etc.)
- Develop mid-to-long term business and technical acquisition strategy for the next generation of player acquisition at Rogue Games, Inc.
- Lead and oversee the development of performance marketing plans for upcoming and existing games and help the team execute to maximize value to Rogue Games, Inc.
- Work with new and existing game studios to build advertising plans, performance metrics, and budgets that align with studio goals – and be prepared to update them quickly as priorities may shift
- Monitor, optimize and report performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis
- Identify new partner, platform, and optimization opportunities to drive campaign performance
- Develop test plans, measure performance, and make recommendations based on testing
- Partner with International and Localization teams to support International advertising as appropriate
- Identify the highest impact testing opportunities, prioritize, execute, track results and communicate to game and marketing teams
- Daily, weekly, and quarterly budget forecasting and reporting of results
- Bring leading analysis and insight to acquisition funnel measurement, including helping to define and set goals for key performance indicators on each game, and working with analytics on implementing improved business intelligence
- Own cross-functional and executive communication and strategy setting on user acquisition plans, working in conjunction with Product, Finance, Creative, Data Science and Business Development
- Play a lead role in hiring, training and developing, over time, a world-class team to lead campaign execution, optimization & analysis, and oversee highly detail-oriented, tactical execution from that team
- BA/BS degree required
- 6 or more years' experience doing performance marketing campaigns for mobile games, and specific experience using Facebook, Google, mobile ad networks and mobile ad exchanges
- Strong analytical skills and experience working in metrics based companies
- Intuitive grasp of data and strong with Excel
- Authentic interest in social, gaming, analytics, and advertising is a requirement
- Passion for problem solving: You are able to pursue new, unfamiliar, and possibly daunting problems—to break them down into manageable bits and solve them
- Experience – and a desire – to do the medium and long term planning and daily execution/optimization
- Shown ability to effectively influence others without directly leading them.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both written and spoken.
- Experience working in dynamic environments, preferably in an internet, financial, or consulting industries
- Deep expertise and knowledge of user acquisition and performance marketing strategies for mobile games and/or consumer mobile applications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize a multi-million dollar acquisition budgets
- Demonstrated ability to drive major incremental volume and returns from creative development, creative testing & creative iteration
- A balance of data-driven, analytical skills with demonstrated creative campaign wins
- Proven success either growing and directly managing a world-class user acquisition team (or if not, a track record of successful mentorship and training)
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional leadership in Product, Finance, Creative and Business Development to drive successful outcomes
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions to move the business forward (owner mentality)
- Strong communication skills
- Analyze and forecast leading KPIs to determine health and long-term profitability of the business
- Expert in Excel, Looker, AppsFlyer, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and/or Databases
- Experience influencing multiple stakeholders and leading cross-functional projects across geographies and/or games
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with a high level of initiative, energy, ownership, and urgency, with a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels
- Team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on the highest level of quality
- Ability to consistently work in the assigned office location and travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do the tactical work
- MS or MBA, other relevant advanced degree
- SQL and/or Programming Experience a plus
- Must have a passion for mobile, PC and Console gaming!
- Experience managing highly profitable ROAS campaigns for some top grossing games
Who We Are
Rogue Games, Inc. is a new kind of gaming company. Founded in 2017, Rogue Games, Inc. is headquartered in Calabasas, CA with offices in San Francisco. Rogue’s diverse portfolio features several award-winning titles including Glitch Dash, Chaos Battle League, Oz: Broken Kingdom, BeSwitched! Match 3, Super Impossible Road, Hexaflip and many more, all available worldwide on various platforms including the App Store and Google Play
Rogue Games, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Rogue Games, Inc. does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games, Inc. will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games, Inc.