We are currently looking to build our Talent Pool around the country. Although we do not have a job available in the area right now, we are very keen to receive applications and progress candidates through our recruitment process as we continue to launch more jobs moving forward.
Role: Rock and Pop Music Teacher - Talent Pool
Salary: £22,000 per annum with the potential to progress up to £26,000 per annum
Holiday: 12 weeks paid holiday a year
Fuel: Fuel package included in addition to salary (Driving Licence and own transport is an essential requirement for the role)
Location: You'll teach in multiple schools across a regional area each week. The approximate centre of this region is where this role is advertised.
No teaching experience required - full training, support and development provided
Are you an enthusiastic musician looking for a full-time permanent role in music? Are you passionate about the power of music and want to inspire the next generation? Do you want a rewarding career that gives you time to dedicate to your own musical projects?
Read on for more information about this exciting role as a Rocksteady Band Leader.
- Deliver progressive and inclusive weekly music lessons in a rock and pop band setting.
- Teach and inspire children at primary schools in your area.
- Offer children their first opportunity of playing an instrument to develop their confidence, resilience, and wellbeing through performing in a band.
- Be a rock star role model, empowering and supporting children during their first live performances and beyond.
- Complete simple daily administration tasks where required.
- An active role; from loading and setting up band equipment to delivering lessons with energy and enthusiasm.
Skills and Experience
- Be a multi-instrumentalist - competent on at least 2 of: drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and vocals.
- Be passionate about teaching - experience is preferred, but it's not a requirement (we provide extensive training and support).
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Excellent communication and social skills with both children and adults.
- Be outgoing, confident, and approachable with high energy, interpersonal skills, and enthusiasm.
- Be a strong independent worker with great time management skills.
- Have excellent administration/IT skills and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and resilience.
- Driving Licence and own transport required
- Full-time salary position
- Monday – Friday daytime only
- Fuel package included
- 12 weeks paid holiday per year.
- Annual staff bonus
- Full training in our progressive teaching methodologies.
- Benefits package including discounts on everyday purchases, free 24/7 GP service and more.
- Employee discount at nationwide music instrument retailers
- A positive and welcoming work environment with celebratory staff away-days, Christmas parties and opportunities to socialise with other like-minded musicians.
- Opportunities to work with the Rocksteady Foundation, reaching children and young people in charities and support groups across the UK.
Rocksteady is the largest rock school in the world and our mission is simple - To empower as many children as possible and transform their lives through progressive and inclusive music education which directly improves their wellbeing, confidence, and life skills
'WINNER – ‘Wellbeing Resource of the Year’ Education Today Awards 2022/2023'.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all our staff to share this commitment.
As this role involves regular work with children and young people, and meets the definition of regulated activity, it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 you must disclose all unprotected unspent and spent cautions and convictions. Further details on what convictions must be declared can be found in the Governments Guidance on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975.
If you are offered this position, Rocksteady will ask you to complete an enhanced DBS check with a children's barred list check.
It is an offence for an individual who has been barred from working with children to apply for regulated activity. Providing false information is also an offence and could result in the rejection of the applicant, summarily dismissal if selected, and possible referral to the police.
Rocksteady Music School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the fair treatment of staff, potential staff, and of our services, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability, or offending background.
To find out more about Rocksteady, check out our website www.rocksteadymusicschool.com