Need more time to fill out the application? Use the button at the bottom and email yourself the link.
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced musician looking for a full-time permanent role in music, which also leaves you time to play in your own band? Do you see yourself operating in a positive working environment? Can you picture yourself working with a motivated, passionate team? Then we may have just the role for you.
We deliver inspiring music lessons by sending passionate musicians into schools to teach primary school children how to perform in a band. We’ve built a strong company culture where everyone truly believes in the product and is dedicated to its success.
- £20,000 pa Full Time salary position
- We are seeking passionate and inspiring music teachers across the UK to support the musical progression and personal development of children aged 4-11
- Delivering rock and pop band lessons in primary schools by combining our unique and forward-thinking teaching method with your personal charisma
- Giving children their first opportunity of playing an instrument
- Supporting children during their first live performances and beyond
- Maintaining high communication and customer service standards with parents and schools
- Handling relationships with multiple schools
Skills and Experience
- Be a multi-instrumentalist - competent on at least 2 of: drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals
- Have a full UK driving licence and own transport
- Have excellent communication and social abilities with both children and adults
- Be outgoing, confident, and approachable
- Be high-energy and enthusiastic with high stamina and persistence
- Be a strong independent worker with good time management skills
- Have excellent IT/administration skills and attention to detail
- Have experience of playing in bands
- Be passionate about teaching - experience is preferred, but it’s not a requirement (we provide training)
We ensure you work in an environment where staff are motivated and passionate about the work they are doing. We offer you the opportunity to grow and develop with the business and provide training in our teaching methodologies.
- Fun – through annual staff away-day, Christmas party and opportunities to socialise with other like-minded musicians throughout the year
- Give you a full-time salary position working daytimes during the week with 12 weeks holiday per year
- Give you the chance to create a positive difference to children at a defining point in their lives
- Opportunities to work with the Rocksteady Foundation
- Give you continuous support from other musicians within the company
- Include you in our staff benefits program which includes free mobile phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and hundreds of other perks and discounts
- Bonus scheme and company performance based rewards
- Opportunity for 1 month sabbatical after 5 years employment
Rocksteady’s mission is to empower as many children as possible. Everything that you will do in this role is connected to this mission, directly or indirectly. You will go to work happy in the knowledge that you are part of a project that is creating opportunities every day for young people to build their confidence through exploring their creativity.
Rocksteady Music School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the fair treatment of staff, potential staff, and of our services, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical/mental disability, or offending background. Due to the nature of the position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
If this sounds like a position that would excite you, please complete our online application form below
To find out more about Rocksteady, check out out website www.rocksteadymusicschool.com
View our privacy notice for job applicants for details on how we manage your personal data.