At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented UI Game Tools Programmer who possesses a passion for creating world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The UI Team at Rockstar is a diverse, multinational team made up of programmers and developers from across our studios.
- Working together across time zones we use our industry leading, in-house proprietary “RAGE” engine to produce the User Interface features that form the connection between the player and our games.
- We develop our own UI tools, editors and technologies to let our UI developers realise the creative vision of the projects we work on while constantly striving for excellence to produce the seamless UI experience our millions of players expect.
- As a UI game tools programmer, you will provide new tools and updates to existing tools to facilitate the UI Developers to create the best resources in the timeliest fashion possible.
- Working with your lead, you will be given both tool feature areas you will be responsible for and sets of tasks to support other tool feature areas.
- You will provide time estimates and technical issue forecasting for all work which you then assume full responsibility for.
- Giving frequent communication updates to your lead and involving them in any discussions that arise from your tasks, you will deliver high quality, fully debugged, performant code to the time requirements agreed upon.
- Working with the other UI tool team members, you will be asked to review other programmer’s code and must ensure your feedback means it meets the quality levels required.
- 2+ years combined industry experience at other AAA game development studios.
- A degree in software engineering, mathematics or computer science.
- An expert in C-sharp and fully comfortable with design patterns including object orientation design, MVVM and MVC programming.
- Fully experienced with the programming challenges related to tool development and user interface design.
- Familiar with CI/CD systems and build engineering for tools releases.
- Familiar with all tools used in day to day game development (Bug tracking software, communication tools and version control software.
- 1+ published AAA console title.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.