At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking an associate data analyst to join our growing Web Analytics practice and help build Rockstar’s business intelligence capacity. Successful candidates will work with analytics and product leadership to assure that the most relevant possible real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, analyzed, and made actionable across all of our web environments, across all game titles.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- We create best in class data collection, developing actionable reports, and providing recommendations to our business and game stakeholders.
- Projects and tasks have direct influence on the player experience.
- Collaborate with business partners to define and document measurement specifications and tagging / tracking requirements to provide the needed web analytics data.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify needs and translate those needs into actionable data analyses.
- Contribute to overall tagging processes and strategy.
- Test and validate web analytics data; work with technical teams to address data quality issues.
- Stay up to date on measurement technologies and industry trends.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to answer business questions, drive insights, and enable business decisions.
- Create well organized reports and presentations that convey insights into data and trends.
- Utilize web analytics data in conjunction with game and business data to deliver deep insights into customer behavior and business performance.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of new features, applications, and areas of our web properties.
- Train users on the use of web analytics tools so they can answer basic questions on their own.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence, or any other relevant field).
- 1+ years of experience in web data analysis.
- Experience with either of the following (or both):
- Database querying (SQL) and business intelligence tools (Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.).
- Documentation and technical writing skills.
- Self-driven, with a strong sense of project ownership.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people of varying disciplines.
- Conscientious about data and code.
- Curious, detail-oriented, and engages in critical thinking.
- Friendly, collaborative, and has strong team spirit.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or a comparable web analytics reporting platform.
- Experience with a Tag Management System (Google Tag Manager Tealium, etc.).
- Ability to QA/debug web environments.
- Experience with user experience reporting.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.