At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for a talented Senior UX Writer who possesses a passion for language and user-centered design. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- We support teams across the business to plan, design, deliver, test and optimize user interface (UI) text, across all our games and services - ensuring it’s as effective, consistent and high quality as possible.
- Our UX writing function supports the strategy and design of new UI elements and player experiences; and our copy-editing function optimizes new and existing text strings for quality and consistency, and ensures they’re appearing correctly in-game.
- We collaborate with UX researchers, UX designers, UI designers, visual designers, and teams across the business to ensure we're consistently presenting our players and customers with precisely the right information, in the right format, at the right time, and in the right tone of voice across our games and services.
- Write in-game UI text and microcopy.
- Collaborate with teams across the business on the development of new products and features.
- Drive standards and best practices for UI text clarity, consistency, purpose, voice, and tone.
- Facilitate and champion user research and testing.
- Lead development of the UI text style guide.
- Facilitate stakeholder and subject matter expert workshops.
- Support optimization of cross-team processes and workflows.
- Contribute to content frameworks and team communication channels.
- Establish and maintain frameworks to demonstrate role and team success.
- Assess external tools and systems for suitability and support procurement.
- Optimize the UI text style guide features and UI Design System elements.
- Advocate for UX writing and user-centred design across the business.
- 5+ years’ experience as a content designer, UX writer or similar role.
- Portfolio of published work, demonstrating problem solving and an understanding of human-centered design best practices.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Experience creating, publishing, and optimizing internal style guides.
- Extensive experience using content management and publishing systems.
- Experience working in an Agile digital product development environment.
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira.
- Familiarity with Rockstar products and a good understanding of the video games industry.
- A positive, considerate, and inclusive attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Qualification(s) in English, design, marketing, communications, or another related field.
- Experience writing for localization, or writing in other languages.
- Experience working in the video games industry.
- Experience navigating and working in development and production environments.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.