At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is on the lookout for a talented Associate Motion Designer who possess a passion for motion graphics and UI. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Dundee.
WHAT WE DO
- We collaborate with multiple departments providing motion design solutions for our UI across all titles.
- We develop, establish and maintain motion systems guidelines that will feed multiple sources from design systems to in-game UI.
- Ability to breakdown a motion design brief and work under the direction of a senior team member.
- Help establish gameplay visualisations to showcase the motion language, feel and usability of the player experience including concept development for UI and HUD elements, flow mock-ups, post-fx treatments and motion design systems.
- Ability to manage your time, tasks and process to deliver quality work and meet deadlines.
- Understand the importance of a good process, organisation and documentation from the beginning to the end of a task.
- Collaborate, share and receive feedback and insights as a team to deliver the best and expected results.
- Work with various departments and teams to meet project expectations and goals.
- Portfolio demonstrating applied motion design work for UI. We’re keen to see your best work demonstrating your process, skill set, and passion.
- Good knowledge and experience using modern design tools (Adobe After Effects, Adobe CC, Figma, FigJam, etc).
- Good UI design and animation fundamentals.
- Good sense for aesthetic and design details.
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Passionate about UI and motion design.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to articulate your ideas, processes and solutions.
- Strong sense of organisation and asset management.
- Good time management skills.
- Up to date with the ever-evolving motion design tools, techniques and trends.
- Eager to learn and adapt to different scenarios.
- Confidently present work, communicate ideas and design rationale.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, organised and dedicated with a constant drive for self-development.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working on large scale projects.
- Experience with UI prototyping.
- Familiarity with 3D tools.
- Familiarity with design systems.
- Familiarity working with game development tools.
- Passionate about movies, pop culture, video games, and other relevant media.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.