At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented individual who can provide development support for our Animation Systems team. This is an opportunity to grow your skills as a developer while supporting the development of our titles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop animation technology, from performance capture to a sophisticated runtime engine, for massive open world games.
- We are a global team of programmers and researchers who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of character animation on next generation hardware.
- We support and work closely with performance capture, technical art, animation, and gameplay teams across multiple Rockstar studios.
- Join our core animation technology team and work closely with animation, gameplay, physics, graphics, technical art, and tools teams across different Rockstar studios.
- Contribute to developing, maintaining, extending, and supporting an extensive high-level animation system, pipeline, and tools
- Assist the Animation Systems R&D team to help advance our technology and workflows, by writing and testing code, and collecting and processing game data.
- Help document information from a variety of sources, in the form of meeting notes, design docs, weekly project updates, emails and presentations.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Project and Task boards.
- Assist in multiple projects and tasks to ensure all work is progressing and being completed on schedule.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience collaborating or working independently within a large team.
- Practical programming knowledge (e.g. Python, Shell, C#, C++).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Adept at learning new tech/systems and keenness to understand how things work.
- Ability to report technical issues accurately and in detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Thorough understanding of modern Office and task management software.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working on large projects which have multiple teams across different time zones and countries.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce and/or Git.
- Experience with QA procedures and methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with 3d modelling and animation tools.
- Technical writing experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.