At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an Electronics Technician with a passion for building hardware. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique R&D studio in Santa Monica, CA.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in circuit board assembly, hand soldering of surface mount components and reading schematics. You will collaborate with an experienced team of design engineers deploying and supporting new gear around the world. It’s a small team so you may wear many hats and there is a lot to learn.
WHAT WE DO
- We design and build cutting-edge hardware tools for motion capture and game production.
- We collaborate with closely with our stakeholders to create and invent new devices.
- We design cameras, high precision timing circuits, scanners, etc., all in the service of creating the best games.
- Assist engineers with assembly and testing.
- Assemble and solder boards, connectors and wiring harnesses.
- Keep our parts inventory organized.
- Be on hand to assist with any engineering needs.
- Some travel may be needed.
- 2+ years of manual circuit board assembly or PCB rework.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting schematics.
- Knowledge of different electronics components.
- Experience operating electrical tools with an aptitude to learn and use milling machines, lasers and 3D printers for prototyping.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a small group.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- AA or technical school degree.
- Experience working on personal electronics projects.
- Experience programming in Arduino or Raspberry Pi environments.
- Proficient in 3D printer maintenance and tuning.
- Familiarity with mill and lathe operation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.