At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is seeking an experienced HR Manager who will support, manage, and improve the day-to-day HR operations for the Toronto studio while also supporting global HR initiatives. This is an amazing opportunity to continue your career as an HR professional while supporting all facets of the HR function from benefits, payroll, compensation, immigration, employee engagement/relations and communications. The ideal candidate also has the ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs for the studio in alignment with the global HR team. You are highly accountable, organized, flexible and have the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality, approachability, and customer service. You must also have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with multiple stakeholders within HR and across the organization with the desire to contribute to an agile, creative, and fast-paced environment. Bring your knowledge and expertise as an experienced HR Manager and help Rockstar Toronto grow, scale, and organize our programs and processes!
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games HR Team is responsible for empowering our employees to reach their greatest potential and create the ground-breaking games we’re known for.
- We partner with senior leadership to drive proactive strategies of engagement, wellbeing, operations, and learning & development.
- We collaborate as a global HR team to develop new initiatives and programs to bring out the best in our teams.
- We ensure a safe, supportive, and inclusive working environment through guidance, compliance, and leading by example.
- Partner closely with and support Studio Management and the Global HR leadership team by leading and delivering complete and cohesive HR process, programs and initiatives to the studio.
- Ensure all people-related global Rockstar policies and best practices are communicated and maintained throughout Rockstar Toronto.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for HR systems, processes, and procedures with focus on continuous improvement efforts to identify efficiencies and continue to streamline processes, while ensuring data accuracy for all stakeholders.
- Advise, coach and support management on employee relations, such as, employee retention, mental health, disciplinary and grievance, and performance management issues while seeking legal support as required.
- Manage the full employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding for a smooth seamless experience across all areas while supporting team leads and managers.
- Oversee the annual performance review cycle for the studio and leverage the Learning and Organizational team to offer full support, guidance, and training.
- Partner with our multiple stakeholders across the operational spectrum in both Rockstar and T2, including payroll, compensation, benefits, immigration, legal, compliance.
- Oversee and manage the internal mobility and immigration requirements ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Maintain and accurately manage documentation and employee information with our HRIS.
- Produce employee metrics and reporting using in-house reporting tools as required.
- Work closely with Admin, Workplace Services, and IT teams in the day-to-day operations of the studio, maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Promote and support Rockstar culture within Rockstar Toronto.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an HR-related discipline or similar.
- A minimum of 10 years in HR with 5 years in a HR lead/manager role.
- Excellent understanding of current Ontario/Canadian employment legislation and best practice.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly flexible and approachable, understanding shifting priorities based on organizational and business direction.
- Adaptable and confident dealing with various stakeholders of all levels.
- Confidentiality, diplomacy, and commitment to the needs of Rockstar employees are essential.
- The successful candidate will need to be a flexible self-starter with strong initiative, excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Capable of working autonomously, prioritizing their own work, understanding when and where to seek guidance and approval, while managing a team.
- The candidate must effectively drive Rockstar initiatives and must maintain an excellent working relationship with other Rockstar studios global and local management.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality, diplomacy and commitment to the needs of Rockstar is a priority.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), communication tools, and HR systems.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position however will be extremely beneficial to operate successfully.
- Global HR experience with large matrix environments.
- Previous HR experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music.
- Experience with Workday.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Background or strong understanding in HR operations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.