At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North lookout for a talented Senior Product Designer who has great attention to detail and a passion for crafting beautiful product experiences; specializing in building and maintaining Design Systems.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We work as a global, cross-functional design team to create intuitive, effective and engaging product experiences.
- We design and optimize web products, and related digital applications across all Rockstar titles.
- We build bridges and foster close collaboration with other teams to help shape all aspects of the player experience, and problem solve to create functional and efficient UI solutions.
- Create and develop UI design language, components and layouts. Getting into the bones of the product UI, thinking about all scalability, accessibility, usability and player needs.
- Support in the creation and iteration of mock-ups, prototypes and polished designs for web, and associated digital products that enhance and complement the user experience.
- Help to define Rockstar’s product design language, finessing our Design System to create guidelines and standards for our web and digital products.
- Create and maintain internal libraries and supporting documentation around our Design System, advocating for its use when applicable across the larger product organization.
- Produce flows describing UI states and the resulting visual information fed back to the user.
- Identify when new components are needed, being aware of the downstream effects of UI design work on development and the overall design ecosystem.
- Collaborate with UX Designers and technical teams to identify needs, and challenges to solve within the Design System, and assist with implementing solutions that ensure product consistency and effective use of components.
- Work closely with Visual Design teams, efficiently balancing the technical constraints while staying true to the look and feel, and overall art-direction of Rockstar’s products.
- Consistently benchmark the usability and accessibility of new and existing products and leverage creative solutions to make iterative improvements to designs.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in a digital product design environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating applied UI design work and use of Design Systems for digital products.
- Experience building, maintaining and managing Design Systems.
- Experience creating UI designs, screens, flows and documentation with a high level of craft and keen eye for detail.
- Expertise in working to accessibility and inclusivity best practices; integrating WCAG and the latest research to ensure compliancy with current standards, requirements and guidelines.
- Solid foundation and understanding of UX methodology and user-centered design.
- Analytical and methodical approach to working.
- Great communication skills for collaborating closely with our teams worldwide.
- 5+ years’ experience of using modern design tools and workflows (Figma, FigJam, Adobe CC, etc).
- A desire to share knowledge and expertise, and help others improve their skills.
- Ability to problem solve from a systems perspective, and not just one-off approaches.
- Show initiative when presented with a problem, even when that problem is presented as a solution.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience applying Design Systems across multiple platforms in multiple languages.
- Understanding of the features of modern design ecosystems, and design patterns.
- Experience in the games industry, having worked on one or more shipped titles or supporting digital products.
- Experience; or strong interest in graphic, motion design, typography and color theory.
- Passion for playing games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.