At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for an experienced Director with a track record of crafting compelling performances for theater, TV, or film to join us in making groundbreaking video games. If you are an accomplished Director in your field with a love of games, we want to hear from you. The successful candidate will join our team in directing Voiceover as part of the Production Department at Rockstar.
This role requires a collaborative spirit, a passion for narrative storytelling, and a willingness to continue to perfect your craft because learning never stops. Rolling with the punches and an ability to handle quick changes with a positive attitude are essential. You must be comfortable working with different types of personalities, know when to ask for help, and understand that all work here is a true collaborative effort.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Voiceover Team direct VO sessions ranging from main story content to NPC’s and exertions.
- We help maintain the nuance and continuity of the game’s narrative.
- We work in collaboration with other teams to drive the collective vision across all of Rockstar’s games.
- Direct voiceover talent for all projects.
- Maintain a high level of performance from all talent regardless of the size of the role.
- Collaborate with members of the Writing and Design departments to fully understand the overall technical and creative goals of our games.
- Become proficient in understanding the technical nuances around how audio is triggered in-game and become an integral part of the dialogue pipeline.
- Create and maintain a positive environment for recording sessions and assist talent in reaching their full potential during sessions.
- Work with other Directors and the VP of Production to help select talent for roles as needed.
- Adhere to strict SAG-AFTRA guidelines for all VO sessions.
- Work in a collaborative and respectful manner with Producers and Engineers on all aspects of preparing and running VO sessions.
- Have an eye towards improvement not just for the work itself but for your place within the team. Strive to improve upon your own work.
- Travel as needed to direct VO sessions in other states or countries.
- Willing to offer support for other directors for their own VO sessions or on our mocap stage as needed.
- Minimum 5 years experience directing for TV, Theater, or Film. (Demo reel required).
- Experience working on SAG-AFTRA projects.
- Show an ability to tell complex and compelling stories.
- Passion and personal love of video games and can speak in specifics about how modern games function.
- Receptive to constructive feedback and able to adjust as needed.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and craft solutions.
- Ability to boil down complex technical requirements in way that will be easy for talent to understand in session.
- Must have a strong sense of timing and a great ear for nuance.
- Strong organization skills and able to handle documentation as needed.
- Ability to multitask and stay detail oriented without becoming overloaded or losing the plot.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Zoom.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Audio design or editing experience (Avid experience in particular is a plus).
- Directing for other interactive properties.
- Fluency in another language.
- Game development experience.
- Please note, a demo reel is required as part of the application to be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.