At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is looking to hire a Vehicle Handling Designer that is excited to assist in the development of the physics system in our proprietary game engine. The ideal profile will have an excellent knowledge of our titles, have an acute eye for detail and will preferably be passionate about vehicles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The physics department at Rockstar works closely with other departments to develop core gameplay mechanics and systems that drive other areas of development.
- Using a blend of simulation and metadata tuning we’re able to bring a unique feel and level of interactivity to our game worlds to create an immersive experience.
- Creating and tuning metadata related to vehicles and other physics systems.
- Regular collaboration between gameplay, design and art departments to assist in implementing any initiatives they wish to pursue, while iterating and maintaining existing ones.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with physics programmers and other Code Content Developers to help develop physics systems further.
- Support existing Rockstar titles by creating new content that feels unique and engaging.
- Daily and/or weekly status reporting.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a Quality Assurance or related position.
- Ability to take, implement feedback and produce work that fits within a certain style.
- Organised and focused, with a keen eye for detail and polish.
- Familiar with previous Rockstar game titles.
- Detail orientated approach to tasks.
- Produce high quality work to time restricted deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems with the tools provided.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for vehicles.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
- Experience with modding/data tuning.
- Experience designing/creating balanced, competitive game elements.
- Experience using Perforce.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.