At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Senior UX/UI Designer: Tools who possesses a passion for video game content authoring tools and solutions. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Drive UI direction for internal tools; create high-fidelity finished assets for development.
- Help establish & maintain an internal Design System in collaboration with other departments, considering scalability, accessibility, usability and user needs.
- Lead the creation and governance of UI design systems in Figma, and in code. Identify when new components are needed, considering the downstream effects of UI design work on development.
- Work alongside other UXers on design of new tools & features.
- Create interactive prototypes of new tools & features.
- Conduct user testing on existing tools & prototypes.
- Collaborate closely with developers to bring designs to life & ensure consistency between design and development UI libraries.
- Collaborate closely with other UXers to ensure consistency across tools across the organisation.
- Help establish & develop internal process & practices around design.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer (or UI Designer with significant UX experience).
- Expert understanding of Figma, especially around library management & design systems.
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or a relevant field (design, software engineering) or equivalent qualifications or experience in a field of UX/UI.
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating relevant experience in industry. (Pixel perfection not required! Examples of problem identification and pragmatic solution design preferred).
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing & presentation skills.
- Natural curiosity for how video games are made.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with large, complex applications or enterprise software.
- Experience working with game development tools.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.