At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is on the lookout for a talented UI Designer who has great attention to detail and a passion for crafting beautiful UI experiences and building and maintaining design systems. We are considering both mid and senior candidates. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Dundee City Centre.
WHAT WE DO
We work as a global, cross-functional UX research, UX design, UX writing and UI design team to create intuitive, effective and engaging player experiences
We design and optimize player-facing user interfaces across all Rockstar titles. -We build bridges and foster close collaboration with other teams to help shape all aspects of the player experience, and problem solve to create functional and efficient UI solutions.
- Development of UI design language, components and layouts. Getting into the bones of the UI, thinking about all scalability, accessibility, usability and player needs.
- Support in the creation and iteration of UI mock-ups, prototypes and polished designs for game that enhance player interactions and complement the user experience.
- Produce flows describing UI states and the resulting visual information fed back to the user.
- Support in the creation, maintenance and governance of UI design systems in Figma, and in game.
- Identify when new components are needed, being aware of the downstream effects of UI design work on development and the overall game ecosystem.
- Create and maintain associated UI Design System documentation.
- Collaborate with UX Design and technical teams to identify needs, and challenges to solve within the design system, and assist with implementing UI solutions that ensure product consistency and effective use of components.
- Work closely with Visual Design teams, efficiently balancing the technical constraints while staying true to the look and feel of the UI design, and overall art-direction of each game.
- Consistently benchmark the useability and accessibility of new and existing products, and leverage creative solutions to make iterative improvements to designs.
- Support in the wider production of design flows, pre-vis and prototypes as required.
- Produce related game-ready assets as required.
- 2+ years' professional experience in a digital product design environment, or in a similar capacity within the games industry.
- Portfolio demonstrating applied UI design work and use of design systems.
- Experience building, maintaining and managing design systems.
- Experience creating UI designs, screens, flows and documentation with a high level of craft and keen eye for detail.
- Experience working to accessibility and inclusivity best practices.
- Solid foundation and understanding of UX methodology and user-centred design.
- Analytical and methodical approach to working.
- Great communication skills for collaborating closely with our teams worldwide.
- 2+ years’ experience of using modern design tools and workflows (Figma, FigJam, Adobe CC, etc).
- Passion for playing and making games.
- A desire to share knowledge and expertise, and help others improve their skills.
- Ability to problem solve from a systems perspective, and not just one-off approaches.
- Show initiative when presented with a problem, even when that problem is presented as a solution.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience applying design systems across multiple platforms in multiple languages.
- Understanding of the features of modern game ecosystems, and design patterns.
- Experience in the games industry, having worked on one or more shipped titles.
- Experience; or strong interest in graphic, motion design, typography and colour theory.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.