At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is looking for exceptional software engineers to join our international Rockstar Tools Automation team. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across all development disciplines, and help drive our tools technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects. Rockstar is a tight community and highly collaborative, so you will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers, and artists.
The Engine Automation Programmer role will focus on developing, maintaining, and optimizing our automation and CI/CD systems used across multiple projects and platforms. This work involves dealing with Codebuilders, Assetbuilders, Smoketesters, Workflowrunners and our reporting infrastructure.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Develop high performance and easy to use in-engine automation tools and systems for streaming, world representation, rendering, and other subsystems.
- Work with the Tools team on a wide range of automation focused tasks within an established codebase.
- Collaborate with artists, designers and other coders on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in C / C++ and C#.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong C# including .NET.
- Experience working with widely available CI/CD systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Experience working with container platforms such as Docker.
- Experience with IT automation systems such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with one or more RPC frameworks such as WCF or gRPC.
- Familiarity with one or more ORM frameworks such as NHibernate or Entity Framework.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.