At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is looking for talented designers whose skill set combines technical excellence with a passion for making games. As part of the Design team you will be using our in-house tools to create and author dynamic ambient content. You will be required to engage with a range of other areas of game development such as AI, animation, art and more.
WHAT WE DO
- The Design Team creates moments of exciting action gameplay, ultra-real slices of ambient life, and everything in between, implementing many of the complex systems that underpin our worlds.
- Our content spans many genres and types of gameplay. Our designers bring their wide knowledge of gaming, game design and outside culture to make every aspect of our games world class.
- We assume responsibility for programming our content and systems, creating scripts which are often complex and intricate – both for single player and Online games.
- Creative thinking is an important part of what we do, and while we work to design briefs, designers have many opportunities to shape our games from the ground up.
- We work closely with all departments in the company, bringing together narrative, art, code systems, UI, networking, animation, audio and many other elements to create immersive gameplay.
- Author exciting new content using our in-house tools.
- Work to program game content or systems while meeting strict deadlines.
- Liaise with artists, animators and programmers to create compelling content.
- Create and maintain design documents.
- Provide clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams.
- A Game Design, Computer Science or any Creative degree is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- 2+ years of proven dedication to game design/scripting in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
- A game design oriented mindset, and a passion for creating games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
- Experience working with animations or animation systems.
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.).
- Strong C# programming ability.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.