At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for a passionate Database Engineer who is skilled in performance tuning, maintaining high availability, and monitoring system health. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in beautiful Andover, MA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar NoSQL Database team provides development and operational support for critical platforms and services.
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques.
- Configure and maintain database high availability.
- Support data replication.
- Provide guidance to developers or architects as needed.
- Hands-on maintenance and administration of Linux based systems.
- Server migrations.
- Fine-tune configurations.
- Capacity planning.
- Automate day-to-day tasks.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via on call rotation schedule.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Experience developing and administering systems in a high traffic, multi-system, public facing environment.
- Strong experience with performance query tuning.
- Adept at writing advanced queries.
- Knowledge of storage, servers, operating systems, and application interaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for Rockstar Games.
- Experience with Snowflake or Postgres.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.