At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for an experienced or senior Vehicle Gameplay/AI Programmer who is passionate about developing believable vehicle mechanics and open world gameplay systems. The ideal profile will be apt at collaborating with other disciplines and happy to take ownership over specific systems and features. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique Studio in Edinburgh, Scotland.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable worlds that players can get fully immersed in.
- We develop systems such as navigation, population and AI behaviours.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Develop, maintain and extend current vehicle behaviour and population systems.
- Prototype, design and implement new systems collaboratively with Physics, Network, Design and Engine teams to create realistic and fun vehicle mechanics.
- Tackle macro and/or micro level tasks, from improving polish on specific systems to working on higher level systems that will affect the feel of the wider game world.
- Focus on optimisation and performance all the while striving for more realism, believability and accuracy implementing systems with finite resources.
- Work together with other disciplines to deliver features on schedule.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable C/C++ programming skills.
- Good math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Good team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience developing vehicle mechanics, simulations or behaviours.
- Experience or understanding of problems relating to managing large open world simulations.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.