At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for a Data Operations Engineer who is skilled in performance tuning, maintaining high availability, and monitoring system health. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s studios in San Diego, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar NoSQL Database team provides development and operational support for critical platforms and services.
- Diagnose and address SQL & NoSQL performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques.
- Set-up high availability and disaster recovery for Hadoop cluster.
- Configuration and understanding of Hadoop security.
- Fine-tune configurations.
- Capacity planning.
- Review computer systems logs and highlight potential issues for further research.
- Automate day-to-day tasks.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via on call rotation schedule.
- Kudu Tablet management.
- PostgreSQL maintenance.
- Help drive support tickets with Cloudera.
- Document processes and procedures.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Hadoop ecosystem, i.e., Hive, Kafka, Spark, or Java.
- Strong experience with performance query tuning.
- Leverage NoSQL, Hive, Kafka, Spark, Yarn, and other Hadoop ecosystem utilities for data movement.
- Deep understanding of HDFS.
- Advance querying skills.
- Knowledge of storage, servers, operating systems, and application interaction.
- Understanding of job and task scheduling and administration of jobs.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Snowflake, Tableau, or Grafana.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.