At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games New York is seeking a leader in the Trust & Safety field who will partner with key stakeholders worldwide to help define and organize global policy. This role will operate as the subject matter expert for handling of player- and community-related Trust & Safety issues, including high-level moderation of content in our online games and other player-facing products including Rockstar Games Social Club and websites. The ideal candidate will have experience building and implementing policy at scale, and the ability to collaborate with multiple different groups to deliver and roll out a comprehensive Trust & Safety agenda.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Trust & Safety Team addresses operational, product, and cybersecurity policies, practices and moderation initiatives for all of Rockstar’s products.
- We manage toxicity and player safety alongside cheating, privacy concerns, and much more.
- Our goal is to keep our players safe, and ensure their experience is as amazing as possible.
- Develop, grow, and extend a comprehensive Trust & Safety vision and strategy that includes proactive support and alignment towards broader strategic initiatives.
- Assess and update existing Rockstar Games code of conduct and player-related policies based on an in-depth understanding of our games and best practices across the video games and technology space.
- Collaborate with Security, Product, Live Operations, Customer Experience, Legal, Community and Communications teams alongside key stakeholders to oversee all aspects of Trust & Safety strategy.
- Support development of Trust & Safety-related outreach to our player communities.
- Advocate for safety for all users and identify opportunities to better mitigate risk.
- Hire, train, and empower Managers and/or Individual Contributors responsible for work streams including content moderation, compliance, account security, and fraudulent activity.
- Lead Trust & Safety day-to-day enforcement and operations, provide coaching and feedback to ensure that the team maintains a high level of productivity and quality.
- Ensure the work of our team is optimized to drive operational efficiency, efficacy, and excellence in maintaining a safe platform.
- Deeply understand Rockstar’s games, platforms, and metrics that impact Trust & Safety across the brand and identify strategies to support our direction.
- Make sure Trust & Safety priorities are communicated clearly and backed up by strong data.
- Manage third-party vendors and lead the selection of new vendors (negotiate, review, and approve partner contracts). Develop and monitor their performance, accuracy and quality and ensure alignment with other customer-facing teams.
- 10+ years experience in Trust/Safety, Content Moderation, Communications, Fraud, Abuse, Compliance, Operations, or equivalent field.
- Experience building and scaling massive online products, preferably at a global scale.
- In-depth knowledge of safety and security protocols and how they pertain to digital products.
- Strong track record of hiring and developing great talent, including recruitment of full-time staff and managing external vendor relationships where needed.
- Proven ability to work directly with all cross-functional teams and management.
- Experience in public-facing communications to users.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to develop tools and solutions that improve trust across a platform or product.
- Demonstrated desire for a world-class trust and safety environment to protect users and the ability to translate needs into innovative products and features.
- Exceptional organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate internal initiatives and in-progress projects into public-facing communications.
- Strong analytical skills, including working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business insights via data visualization software (Advanced EXCEL, Looker, Tableau, etc.).
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, develop and retain talent.
- Experience or comfort working in a high-growth environment.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments while prioritizing Rockstar's goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.