WHAT WE DO
- The Missions Team creates moments of exciting action gameplay, ultra-real slices of ambient life, and everything in between, implementing many of the complex systems that underpin our worlds.
- Our content spans many genres and types of gameplay. Our designers bring their wide knowledge of gaming, game design and outside culture to make every aspect of our game’s world class.
- We assume responsibility for developing our content and systems, creating scripts which are often complex and intricate – both for single player and online games.
- Creative thinking is an important part of what we do, and while we work to design briefs, designers have many opportunities to shape our games from the ground up.
- We work closely with all departments in the company, bringing together narrative, art, code systems, UI, networking, animation, audio and many other elements to create immersive gameplay.
- Author exciting new content using our in-house tools.
- Work to program game content or systems while meeting strict deadlines.
- Liaise with artists, animators, and programmers to create compelling content.
- Provide clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- Strong C# programming ability.
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming patterns.
- Experience with visual scripting tools.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
- A game design-oriented mindset, and a passion for creating games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
- Experience of game design/scripting in a professional environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.