At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for Tools Programmers who are passionate about supporting and further developing a world class audio tool suite. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio programming team is responsible for the technology that powers the audio and music in our games.
- We’re committed to creating incredibly immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Develop and maintain an in-house audio toolset.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technologies, modern UI best practice, and drive their adoption within the toolset.
- Balance meeting short-term user needs with long-term development of the audio tool suite; identify opportunities to optimise user workflows.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong .NET/C# skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a mixed-discipline team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong WPF skills.
- An interest in games and interactive sound/music.
- Familiarity with commercial audio content creation software.
- Experience of intuitive user interface design and implementation for complex data.
- Knowledge of audio synthesis and DSP.
- C++ experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.