At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is on the lookout for a passionate Audio Technician to join our A/V Services team, and work directly with our Audio production department. This role will operate as the point person to update and maintain the audio technology in our various recording studios. The ideal candidate is an audiophile, has experience planning and designing studios from scratch - from equipment installation / wiring to sound treatment / monitor calibration, and can operate as part of a production team to understand, diagnose, and solve any issues that arise during production.
WHAT WE DO
- The A/V Services team works company-wide to support end users primarily in Video Production, Audio Production, Motion Capture, Live Streams, and Game Capture.
- The Audio production team works with multiple departments on the Publishing and Development teams to record, edit, and track audio files of dialogue and sound effects for Rockstar’s games and marketing assets.
- We setup, record, and breakdown audio recording sessions both within our studios as well as externally with voice actors and performers.
- Monitor, maintain, and repair audio hardware and software in the Studio, Edit Suites, Live Streams, and MoCap Stage.
- Plan for and design additional studio spaces from the ground up.
- Work with outside consultants and vendors to see upgrade and build projects through to completion.
- Understand each individual studio infrastructure and make suggestions on upgrades.
- Diagnose and repair any issues with hardware in all environments.
- Understand requirements for both pre-recorded and live sound.
- Calculate how to use all audio equipment to optimize efficiency and performance.
- Maintain accurate inventory, suggest repairs, storage, or replacement of equipment.
- Develop and document new workflows alongside any equipment changes or software upgrades.
- Train other technicians and new hires in equipment use, maintenance, and new workflows.
- Collaborate with the director and production staff while in the studio or out on location.
- Understand signal flow for a live production and resolve any issue that may interrupt the recording schedule.
- Understand timecode and maintain sync with clocks throughout the facility.
- Research and implement new audio technologies and practices keeping with future trends and standards.
- Extensive experience with audio hardware, including microphones, consoles, cabling, etc.
- Expert level of experience with Protools and industry standard DAW software, as well as familiarity with 3rd party plugins.
- Proficient with Mac PC’s, MacOS, and network storage.
- Experience in studio and live sound environments.
- Experience working with high profile talent.
- Detailed understanding of studio engineering, recording, editing, signal flow, post-production, mixing and mastering for dialog, sound design, and music.
- Past success in a fast, efficient, highly organized, and disciplined group, with proven ability to consistently perform in a high volume, fast turnaround environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and work with staff, talent, & guests at all levels.
- Strong presentation and demo skills.
- Ability to think proactively and reactively to both address problems ahead of time as well as in the moment they come up.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to document systems, workflows, and procedures.
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines.
- Adaptable to a fast paced and ever evolving industry and workplace.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Ability to read CAD documents.
- Ability to understand an electrical schematic.
- Ability to function as an engineer if needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.