At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is on the lookout for Project Managers who possess a passion for collaborating with distributed teams to facilitate the progress and completion of projects that service our external and internal customers. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Operations team is responsible for the Online infrastructure platform behind all of our games.
- We support all Rockstar titles including Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption through maintaining multiple gaming datacenters around the world.
- We work closely with many teams within Rockstar to meet these responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of milestones and specific tasks against those schedules.
- Identify other teams within Rockstar with necessary technical knowledge and responsibilities to cultivate relationships in order to drive a project forward.
- Identify all groups and teams affected by a project and involve them – solicit their input on requirements and follow up through execution to confirm requirements are being met.
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams, individuals, and business partners to discuss status, resolve issues, and share information.
- Drive consensus on technical decisions to satisfy requirements.
- Break down large or complex projects into meaningful subprojects.
- Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope and goals and on any subsequent changes.
- Gain an adequate overall understanding of all processes and systems that compose the entire Online environment in order to be able to spot requirements and consequences of any major project/change.
- Assist the team leads in creating an environment that promotes both personal ownership and accountability for project success.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a production / development environment.
- Strong understanding of software development, operations and DevOps concepts and project management processes and practices.
- Strong ability to work with various producers, developers and testers across multiple studios and projects.
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating effective virtual and in-person meetings.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, Jira, Confluence, Monday and other project tracking and bug database software.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge, and ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product, development, and management teams.
- Proven ability and willingness to work with different personalities, mediate conflict, adjust management approach to specific teams/individuals.
- Strong work ethic, quick learning curve, eager and positive attitude.
- Documented problem-solving attitude, able to quickly grasp the “big picture” and eager to take ownership of any issue.
- Flexibility to wear many hats, hands-on approach that is ready to tackle any task required for the success of a project.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Certifications such as PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO.
- Experience in IT Support, Technical Customer Service or similar customer facing technical roles.
- Familiarity with basic Windows, Linux and Networking concepts.
- Experience in the games industry preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.