At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Lighting Artists at all levels who possess a passion for lighting environments, cutscenes and characters. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s game development studio in Carlsbad, California situated just North of San Diego.
WHAT WE DO
- We use a creative eye and technical skill to bring the game world to life, layering lighting and atmosphere to help create a coherent world, enhancing the story telling through the use of color and composition.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting i.e. dynamic, prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set and character lighting.
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule.
- Collaborate on post process pipeline with leads, and art direction.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real time game application.
- Remain up-to-date with lighting techniques through industry research and prototyping new tech with code.
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Work with design to make sure lighting accentuates missions, objectives and game flow.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Must provide a portfolio through a web-page or other digital media to be considered.
- Proven industry experience having shipped titles as a Lighting Artist that demonstrate a high level of ability.
- Sound knowledge and use of lighting techniques in the video game or VFX industries.
- Demonstrable experience with 3DS Max, Photoshop, After Effects and other 3rd party software or tools used in the production of environment and character lighting.
- Strong technical background and understanding of how In-Game lighting engines work, with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.