At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is looking for a highly motivated, organized Associate Audio Engineer who can work with a team on project exports, session setup, organization, and audio editing. The ideal candidate will have experience editing audio and working in Pro Tools, an understanding of audio and video file formats and extremely strong organizational skills. The position will be working directly within the audio team and working with a larger group of producers, animation and facial animation teams.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Audio Production Team works with multiple departments on the Publishing and Development teams to record, edit, and track audio files of dialogue and sound effects for Rockstar’s games and marketing assets.
- We setup, record, and breakdown audio recording sessions both within our studios as well as externally with voice actors and performers.
- Edit audio in Pro Tools (Dialogue and SFX).
- Manage, track, and classify exports from Pro Tools sessions. These include file formats such as AAFS, WAVES. BOUNCES, MIXES, EDLs.
- Edit and prep importing video renders and synching.
- Upload assets via perforce.
- Maintain and troubleshoot synchronization between audio, animation, and facial animation assets.
- Setup audio for recording sessions.
- Communicate with multiple departments to troubleshoot asset issues.
- Follow asset tracking through tracking software (Shotgun, Perforce and Excel).
- 1-3 years experience with audio post-production.
- Proficient understanding and use of Protools DAW software.
- Understanding of asset file types and their uses and type (wave, bit depth, sample rate, video codecs, AAF, EDL).
- Interest in audio production a must.
- Understanding of audio recording signal flow and experience in VO recording sessions.
- Ability to work in both MAC OSX and windows environments.
- Passion for Rockstar and our games.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments in order to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to stay calm and find solutions to new and complex problems.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.